Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Big Grin Sony PS3 GameOS Removal Press Release

Sponsored Links
    Before anyone asks it's not true, but since xorloser posted it on his site as a joke here goes hehe: [Register or Login to view links]
    August 27 2010

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES REMOVAL OF THE GAMEOS FEATURE FROM THE PLAYSTATIONŽ3 SYSTEM IN NEXT UPDATE

PlayStationŽ Security updates will remove GameOS features due to piracy.

Tokyo, August 27, 2010 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) today announced that it will remove the GameOS feauture of its PlayStationŽ3 (PS3™) system. The removal will coincide with the v3.50 update to be released by the end of this month in Japan, North America, Europe/PAL territories, and Asian countries/regions. Users will still be able to enjoy immersive video and audio on the PlayStationŽ3 system, although only on movie titles. Support will be added for the PlayStationŽMove motion controllers, as well as the ability to watch stereoscopic 3D content.

Bringing in SCE’s expertise in both entertainment and technology acquired from previously developing games, four sound fields and 3d vision enhancements for existing 2d titles have been designed with the help of SCE’s previous expert game designers, to optimize the cinematic experience of all forms of entertainment.

Through the introduction of new peripherals, SCE will continue to further expand the PS3 platform and create a new world of computer entertainment that is only possible on PlayStation – except for games, or Linux.
    Another humorous page xorloser threw together: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    haha! lol i can see some news reporter thinking this is true and making it on the news.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I read this thread wrong and thought it said OtherOS. lol. Then I got really confused, then I was like, daym you played me like a fool.

The add to cart button isn't working :'( That pineapple looks really ripe... I would pay $99.95 for that, probably closer to the manufacturing cost than compared to the PS Jailbreak.

I think its hilarious that so many "reputable" sites are reporting this as real. The commenters on those sites are going nuts.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    I think its hilarious that so many "reputable" sites are reporting this as real. The commenters on those sites are going nuts.
    ROFL! You would have to be 100% special to believe it, even if Steve Jobs came out and told us. (When it comes to security, you know he serious about it :P)

Would be more believable if instead of removing the game function it:

'removes XMB' &
    'all disk based mediums will auto-boot once it has passed the security analysis (PSN Network connection and latest firmware update required)'

'In addition, as an added benefit to all Playstation Plus Subscribers, XMB access will be allowed, upon acknowledgement of their request, for 1 hour of their choice each month. Sessions will be available for use Monday-Friday, 7AM-5PM, so that your activities may be monitored for your safety, provided at no additional cost. (Playstation Plus Subscribers only)'

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    can you, and everyone else, link to any sites you find that post that as news? fun to see

Absolutely. If the Boss doesn't mind of course. Here's one link that doesn't make mention of it being a joke:

pspgweber.com/psp-article540-Sony-PlayStation-3-GameOS-Removal-Press-Released.html

There are a few more like this site that don't get the joke. Reading their comments sections is a hoot. "O NOES! SONY'S GONE TOO FAR!"

Arrow

More jokes from xorloser:

[Register or Login to view links]
    [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News