Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony PS3 and Blu-ray Service Manuals Leaked via DemonHades

Sponsored Links
    Spanish PS3 developer DemonHades has inadvertently leaked Sony PS3 and Blu-ray Service Manuals for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system as a result of his Web server's security being compromised.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

PlayStation 3 developer circles have had access to the documents for a few years so the information they contain is not new, however, the confidential SCE documents have just reached the public's eye today.

This news comes just under a week since word of the PS JailBreak PS3 modchip first surfaced.

Finally, below are the leaked file names for those curious, however, they are intended for use only by licensed developers.

sm-bdd-0013e-01-0.rar - SM-BDD-0013E-01 - BDPT-1001 BPX-2001 - BD DRIVE SERVICE MANUAL 1ST EDITION
    sm-ps3-0013e-02-0.rar - CECHA00, A01 - SM-PS3-0013E-02 - PS3 60GB MODEL SERVICE MANUAL 3RD EDITION LEVEL 3
    sm-ps3-0073e-05-0.rar - CECHC02, C03, C04, C08 CECHE01, EO5, E11 Manufactured by ASUSTek - SM-PS3-0073E-05 - PS3 60GB/80GB MODEL SERVICE MANUAL 5TH EDITION LEVEL 3 FOR COK-002 BOARD
    sm-ps3-0093e-02-0.rar - CECHG series - SM-PS3-0093E-02 - PS3 SEM-001 BOARD SERVICE MANUAL 2ND EDITION LEVEL 3
    ta085.pdf - PSP-2000 TA-085 - SM-PSP-3083E-01 - PSP-2000 series TA-085 - BOARD SERVICE MANUAL 1st edition LEVEL 3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Everybody knows there's a party at the end of the world...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    While these manuals may be the intellectual property of Sony, they may be of value to those of us who, till this moment, were not privy to their existence. I personally see no harm in at least providing Megaupload links, or at the very least, allowing others to do so. The proverbial cat is out of the bag.

In fact, its my personal opinion that aside from relevant information regarding exploits and/or hacks in progress that may cause Sony to more strongly fortify their defenses, we should as a scene be in the spirit of sharing all technical data. Great hackers, like all great men (and women) in life, can come from anywhere. This information may just be what some unknown-as-of-yet person or persons needs to finally blow this system wide open.
    Last edited by tripellex; 08-25-2010 at 09:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea, if people want to post MU/RS type details in replies that's fine as they are already leaked across the Internet, however, they won't be added to the Site News or provided by us is all.

Yeah, knowing the file names allows you to easily go find those files elsewhere. Thanks PS3 News :]

These manuals are nothing special (yes, I have all of them.) They just show you the steps on how to assemble such PS3 parts in high detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafo View Post
    Yeah, knowing the file names allows you to easily go find those files elsewhere. Thanks PS3 News :]
    what have you been smoking? you do realise that if any one re uploads those files with the same names, to sites like MU RS etc... that the links would die with in minutes. knowing the names doesn't help much when it comes to searching.

i can see these files getting passed around the underground like bubble gum cards. reminds me of the old Netcom days lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Boojak2 View Post
    These manuals are nothing special (yes, I have all of them.) They just show you the steps on how to assemble such PS3 parts in high detail.
    lol let me guess you paid for one of those dissasembly guides from ebay becasue the leaked docs have much more info than just stupid hi res pics of how to take it console apart for YLOD fixes etc..
    Last edited by Osirisx; 08-25-2010 at 10:05 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know someone who has them if anyone wants.

Quote Originally Posted by ju2ef View Post
    I know someone who has them if anyone wants.
    give us a hint.. or just mail me the stuff to: E-mail removed.

damn it! the BD service manual reveals the pin out of the ATA cable connector, which differs from the pin out previously spread.

Since these documents are already known, how come no one ever really update the actual pin out? the most strange thing is that I even got some confirmations saying that the old pin out info is correct... I can't believe it.

now I can finally review my LA logs of the PS3 BD drive with this correct pin out.
    Last edited by anita999; 08-25-2010 at 10:36 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News