Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    I just brought BBC2 Vietnam last night and haven't yet played it. I guess I'll be waiting for a PS3LOVER or a new 356CFW.
    3.60 will be arriving before we know it.. then maybe some new cfw.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Man... I just got my Dead Space platinum. To be honest, I don't even care about online play. I just like comparing my trophies with my friends and posting them on facebook.

Wasn't it supposed to be possible to simply sign our packages so that we could run back up managers on OFW?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzle7 View Post
    3.60 will be arriving before we know it.. then maybe some new cfw.
    I was waiting to see when the DNS would stop working and as it was still going I thought they might not block it this time so I went and paid for BBC2V last night thinking I would play it today then woke up to this news. I knew I should've waited till the next CFW.
    Last time I was online I got another online package a few days before DNS was blocked so this really sucks.

I was thinking of getting MAG today or tomorrow. No longer will I be getting that game. It'll be a free download for me as I'm not going to risk anymore money on bastard tactics from $ony.

Attempt to get back online?

Alright, so I've been reading around... and getting online kinda starting to seem a lot easier to me than I thought it would be... Let me explain:

[Register or Login to view links] is the official $ony ps3-updatelist.txt that your ps3 uses to verify that you're on the correct firmware. When you use the DNS method (remove this part if I'm not aloud to speak of it), you're just re-directing yourself to a different server, with an edited ps3-updatelist.txt to allow you to connect to PSN as if you were on the latest firmware. That's literally all the DNS trick does...

So, my question is... If you can re-direct the ps3updatelist.txt, why not remove/spoof that check in the CFW file? It certainly seems possible to me... If not, then why not re-direct the check to a custom ps3-updatelist.txt with the latest firmware's ps3-updatelist.txt info in it? Then we'd pretty much have a permanent bypass method.

Possible? Not possible? Just spitting out ideas here... I'm already missing PSN

I like the way you think

No hulu or netflix for me =(
    Last edited by hatefuel19; 02-09-2011 at 02:36 AM

This is the mouse and cat game if you do that it will work for a limited time before sony comes and patches that. I guess there are a lot of ways to get into the PSN they cant close all the doors because legit users have to come in and its difficult believe me to keep out the hacks. Lets just wait for another way to come in or if you are an online gamer you should buy a second console with the game you like. It seems like a pretty good investment to me.

If I were Sony I'd make the check on both the console and the PSN servers. Regardless, a version spoof could theoretically work. It did with 3.41 but there might be some other check that the PSN server does that a console with CFW can't do. Perhaps it checks to see if the console can execute random code like 3.56 can. Perhaps that means spoofing that capability in CFW 3.55 could fool the PSN server? Not sure.

Also I think we should start creating a private network so all the hacked consoles can play online with other hacked users, the only draw back is all the hacking the online games will have but if you can join your friends only that would be super cool. There are games that are so much fun with friends like coop games but it would really be great to just have our own private psn.

online after dns patched

xlink lan play over the internet allows you to play online do not update to newer xlink. easy to use.a start xlink first then start the ps3 go into game and go in lan party find or host up to you. this is after the dns patch this works i'm a noob but i figer it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i live here in jamaica most of the games when just release are like $8500 jm about 150 us dolla when converted. this hack has help a lot , about the psn they are authentication files on the 3.56 that sony has just release to check all systems connected to psn network maybe a new dns or if we could get our hands on the authentication files from 3.56.

and just like how sony can release patch and dont say a thing about it when we find something that goes around it we should not go public keep it between ourselves.
    Last edited by aloufika; 02-09-2011 at 03:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News