Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess i'm gonna permanently ground my PS3 from going online then.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my ps3 hasnt even been turned on for months, so i think i'm safe

i doubt sony would do something like this. its smart tho, but i hope that their system just wont allow it to happen.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not too worried about not being able to go online with my ps3. Banned 360's have a way of getting online by using a different server (can't think of the name right now). So if my ps3 gets banned there still is a way to play your favorite games online.

Why else do I need my ps3 to go online for?

Demo's? With free games who needs demo's!
    Theme's and video's? I can get them online for free.
    PS3 FW updates? I can get them online for free as well, but I'm sure custom firmware is right around the corner.

The only thing I can think of that I will need my PS3 to have access to PSN is for game updates. If my PS3 was banned today I will no longer have access to game updates.

So the question is, do you see a way in the future for banned PS3's being able to update the games somehow? Also do you see a way for banned PS3's having access to add-on content for games? These are the two biggest questions facing possible banned PS3's.

You don't need to be logged onto PSN or have latest firmware for the game updates ...

game updates don't run thru psn? I didn't know that. Thanks

You can't get game updates without signing into PSN. You can't sign into PSN without having the latest firmware (at least not anymore).

is there a way to to play new games without updating?can they do the same thing they did with psp?

Quote Originally Posted by General Plot View Post
    You can't get game updates without signing into PSN. You can't sign into PSN without having the latest firmware (at least not anymore).
    Not true. I'm on 3.15 and after replacing my hdd to a 500gb, GTA 4 updates without logging in to psn. It will still retrieve game files.

Quote Originally Posted by waleed View Post
    is there a way to to play new games without updating?can they do the same thing they did with psp?
    Not now, maybe later if the psjailbreak has more features.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    Not true. I'm on 3.15 and after replacing my hdd to a 500gb, GTA 4 updates without logging in to psn. It will still retrieve game files.
    Same here - GTA 4 updated without any problems.
    I'm still on 3.10 and didn't get any PSN prompt - just a prompt about there being a patch available.

I'm sure sony don't allow it (you know the whole "your game & patches must be checked by Sony to ensure you meet our standards" thing - i.e. we need to check to make sure you have not introduced an exploit!), but i did wonder if 3rd party games pathes are hosted by the 3rd party devs? (i.e. only Sony developed games have patches hosted by sony?)

Either way, doesn't really bother me - i'm sticking with 3.10 for now.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News