Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hope this example stands. Fair played to Gitorious for standing up for them, I'm sure they don't need this kind of hassle in their lives.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very nice, have the repositories been restored?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Very nice, have the repositories been restored?
    yes - for now (23:44 CET) [Register or Login to view links]
    LEGAL TOOLS
    my repositories do not contain any Sonyģ software nor any software designed to bypass security set in place to protect copyrighted material.

The keys does not have any protection what so ever from the Norwegian copyright law.

Also “Norwegian law commands us to respond to such a notice by removing potentially infringing content until it’s legality can be fully clarified.” is simply not correct. It is not mandated to do no such thing – you are only forced to remove content that IS illegal. Yes, you face a harsher penalty for not removing it IF you should have realized it is illegal, but not if it by a fair persons judgement seemed to be legit.

DISCLAIMER

You are only allowed to use my repositories to make legal homebrews. I do not condone piracy!

Another quick update from Graf_chokolo: [Register or Login to view links]
    Please be patient guys, iím working day and night on HV reversing and Linux booting Regarding dual boot GameOS+Linux, yeah, itís definetely doable, iím implementing it currently Regarding dual boot GameOS CFW + GameOS OFW, is also doable, but harder. In both cases we need a custom HV. All HVs are nearly the same in all firmwares from SONY, and i know it very good and can add functionality, patch or remove it however i want.

Booting Linux from VFLASH/HDD or decrypted LV2 kernel from VFLASH/HDD is just a small proof to SONY how good i know your HV Or should i say now my HV

Without patching HV you cannot get GameOS rights on 3.15 with Linux. So custom HV is still needed. And that is exactly what iím doing right now, creating custom HV. And with original HV from 3.15 you wonít be able to communicate with Update Manager or Dispatcher Manager e.g.

Just booted petitboot from VFLASH on my 3.41 PS3 Created a new VFLASH storage region of size 16MB and stored there uncomressed petitboot compiled by me with openwrt I only patched HV, didnít touch any Linux files Sorry marcan, i will stick with petitboot I intend to install Debian Linux on this weekend on my HDD Greetings to SONY OtherOS is back But now with GameOS features. Stay tuned.

Dual boot GameOS+Linux is close

Look at that piece of dmesg output guys Great news

ps3disk_init:588: registered block device major 254
    ps3_system_bus_match:354: dev=7(sb_01), drv=6(ps3disk): miss
    ps3_system_bus_match:354: dev=6(sb_02), drv=6(ps3disk): match
    -> ps3_system_bus_probe:365: sb_02
    -> dma_sb_region_create:656:
    ps3disk sb_02: ps3stor_probe_access:70: 3 accessible regions found. Only the first one will be used
    ps3disk sb_02: First accessible region has index 1 start 524312 size 130611352
    ps3disk sb_02: ps3da is a Hitachi HTS542580K9SA00 (76319 MiB total, 63775 MiB for OtherOS)

3 accessible HDD regions All GameOS regiosn are accessible
    I guess i wonít have sleep on this weekend. Sray tuned.

Here is the complete dmesg output: [Register or Login to view links]

And RSX works with petitboot 1080pi

Guys, someone compiled latest openwrt, i didnít manage because gcc couldnít build. If someone knows what is wrong with gcc for powerpc64 in openwrt please contact me

Hehe, i should take care where i install my Linux or else GameOS wontí boot

Yeah, iím cross compiling it on x86 Linux.

Holy crap, guys, unbelievable petitboot can read UFS filesystem of GameOS UNENCRYPTED I have access to all GameOS HDD regions.

Here is a snippet from ďhexdump -C /dev/ps3da | lessĒ: [Register or Login to view links]

Stay tuned, itís certainly not the last good news from me

Holy crap, allmost all VFLASH regions are accessiable

ps3flash sb_03: ps3stor_probe_access:70: 5 accessible regions found
    Looks very promising
    Attached Files Attached Files

Graf_chokolo, I am drooling over this right now! So exiting!

Did someone mention the possibility of editing the XMB and flash regions directly from linux?

Thanks for that quick update Barry, i was getting behind on the Linux idea, so this is great news, and now I can see my new powerPc, coming on an old spear PS3. wicked.

Angry Sony is Expanding PS3 Legal Case, Seeking More PS3 Hackers

From [Register or Login to view links]
    The latest round of PSX-SCENE's Wikileaks-esque court documents reveal that Sony is expanding it's case beyond Geohot to include other well-known PS3 hackers. They are planning to subpoena various internet sites, including PSX-SCENE, YouTube, Twitter, PayPal and Slashdot in an attempt to locate new defendants such as Cantero, Peter, Bushing, Segher, hermesEOL, kmeaw, Waninkoko, grafchokolo and kakaroto.

those documents suggest SCEA want to subpoena sites for information regarding those accounts with a hope to tie Hotz to california and find evidence against his motion to dismiss.

Arrow

OK I moved the update to this ongoing thread now... from this post forward, direct all Graf Chokolo PS3 Linux replies to the ongoing thread here, any below will be deleted: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...lo-117700.html

This thread will remain open to discuss the Sony DMCA takedowns below.

Nuff said..

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News