Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lol i'm guessing australia will be importing a lot of USB-sticks

Boss, is this it for the chances of a free PSJailbreak release, or are devs currently in control of one and reversing it? This isn't surprising news, but it still saddens me =[

This is great news..

1st off, we now know for sure this thing works... Its already in hands of people that can and will reverse it... Those clone companies I would believe them to be the backup plan for ps3jailbreak.. How else would they have gotten the needed info on just about the same day.. China will flood the market now no worries.

I've seen this scenario, 10 times over with the FTA (Free to Air) market.. They get busted but days after clones and new companies pop up all over the place..

Quote Originally Posted by xUb3rn00dlEx View Post
    is this it for the chances of a free PSJailbreak release, or are devs currently in control of one and reversing it? =[
    We're talking illegal wares/applications here. Since when do laws stop humanity from doing what they want?

I'm also laughing at the bunch of people now screaming "Piracy will ruin the PS3!" (not here, but on other forums). Afaik we PS3 users are the ONLY gamers who pay for every PS3 game ever sold on this planet. No PS3 gamer has ever pirated a game (soon of course!).

Wii, 360, DS, PC, etc... all are terribly ridden by piracy for years now. Why do they still exist? Because piracy may be a problem, but it's not as big of a problem as the media would like us to think.

Sony can't do that on every country. It depends on the local laws, not "Sony Laws".

Sony have been trying to fight piracy here in Brazil for over a decade, but they can't do a thing. You can be sure that ALL Brazilian stores will have the PS3 Jailbreak and its clones up and ready.

It's actually funny how Sony officially launched the PS3 here just a few weeks before PS3 Jailbreak was announced.

Piracy is a problem for developers, not for Sony, it will increase the PS3 sellings with 10% I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    Piracy is a problem for developers, not for Sony, it will increase the PS3 sellings with 10% I guess.
    Eh. I would beg to differ to some extent. A developer gets paid to develop the games, that is the end of the story. His company however, has to deal with the problem. IE: I work on MMA, and I get my paycheck, regardless of how well the game does.

However, EA has to deal with the piracy issue ( I'm not saying it's a bad issue, because some games honestly do blow donkey balls and aren't worth even 15% the costs ) that would be "plaguing" them. But like the poster stated, EA still would go ahead and produce games for the 360 and Wii. Why? Because he's right, piracy is blown out of proportions by the media. Look for the math in between the propaganda, and you will see only minimal effects.

Lightbulb

What's interesting about this injunction is that "John and Jane Doe" are named as well. That means that any other distributors are included in the injunction as well.

Arrow

Discussion is being continued on this in the new thread here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...de-112220.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12