Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Sony Bravia TV hack idea

Sponsored Links
    I had an idea, maybe it's useless, but I figured I'd contribute it on the off chance it isn't. Sony Bravia TV's like mine, the KDS-50A3000, used an early precursor to the XMB interface that most likely had no protection on it whatsoever. Perhaps some sort of memory dump of one of these TV's could give access to unprotected code that the later XMB was based on, leading to some sort of exploit or better understanding?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i don't know but could be an idea, let's see what dev team says about that..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have a bravia with the internet link box. the tv is nice but the box sucks. tho i dont think the ps3 and the tv has any syncing capability. beside, is it worth risking the chance of damaging your lcd on a ps3 hack? send it in for a warranty repair and what are you going to tell them?

Quote Originally Posted by arlyn View Post
    I had an idea, maybe it's useless, but I figured I'd contribute it on the off chance it isn't. Sony Bravia TV's like mine, the KDS-50A3000, used an early precursor to the XMB interface that most likely had no protection on it whatsoever. Perhaps some sort of memory dump of one of these TV's could give access to unprotected code that the later XMB was based on, leading to some sort of exploit or better understanding?
    Kind of missed this post, but umm - generally speaking, no. It is only the XMB in look and fashion (and thinly, at that), how it works is totally different alas. Kind of like taking a tiny little car, putting a racing spoiler on it, and calling it a race car, it still is not, it just might look like one!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News