Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

The Sony Banhammer on PS3 JailBroken Consoles is Coming?

Sponsored Links
    A few months back it was first reported that a Sony ban wave was imminent, and today DJLO over at PSX-Scene reiterated the fact that it's only a matter of time until Sony begins banning PS3 JailBroken consoles.

To quote: Folks, Sniffynose pointed me to this. Since we are all updating now, you ALL need to read this and pay attention

On boot the system contacts the server and uploads the play list etc. this list alone is enought to get anyone that goes online banned as it shows the bootmanger etc. has been running. Here is the list and what they do, I port sniffed this a while ago before I went online with a retail unit >.> because I am not stupid hehe.

All these need to be blocked, web access will still work, updates will still work, but psn and any system messages/ads/communication will be blocked completely. For other areas someone would have to sniff the addresses again to compare. North American Servers are listed.

fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > Update Server (sys updates)
    mercury.dl.playstation.net > What's new ads
    nsx.np.dl.playstation.net > playstation store preview
    nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net > ads
    (main file exchange connections)
    us.np.stun.playstation.net > on boot initiates connection
    ena.net.playstation.net > SSLv3 connection after above connection
    dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > secondary update attempt (could force updates)
    auth.np.ac.playstation.net > SSLv3 authentication server
    (destination servers)
    service.playstation.net (has multiple IPs if only the ip address is blocked)
    (Error Reporting)
    creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net (uploads crash reports etc.)

Almost all connections cannot just be port blocked, the port will continue to increment until it connects, you have to block the entire domains. Also a big point is that ALL computers on your network need to have these blocked not just the PS3's MAC because if you are running a proxy for example to get patches, the computer you proxy to will just allow the connections right out to the open unless all local IPs are blocked from these sites as well."

The Sony Banhammer on PS3 JailBroken Consoles is Coming?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It was only a matter of time before this happened and to be honest, I'm with SONY on this one. Reason being, I don't want to play games online with people that could be forcing exploits into the game, there are enough glitchers in online games already.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now i'm crapping it, Lmao.

it's only stupid rumor to scare all.

You already can't log on to psn with the jailbreak so what's the point you're already banned.

Quote Originally Posted by heartagram62 View Post
    It was only a matter of time before this happened and to be honest, I'm with SONY on this one. Reason being, I don't want to play games online with people that could be forcing exploits into the game, there are enough glitchers in online games already.
    You don't even have to be on PSN for the ps3 to attempt these connections. If you have it online even if only to update a game it makes these connections apparently. I couldn't get these onto my routers domain blacklist fast enough

Porbably with a static IP ban so you cannot get updates anymore. Or they flag you for next psn log in and then---ban.

Greets

I think atm we are fine. Once the homebrews arive like PSNAbler or anything that allows PSN access then sony will start this ban wave but as of now i think they are to busy leaking there own software, suing people in court getting screwed all around to worry about this? But who knows what Sony will do.

i put a dummy gateway on mine from day one. only allows local network access. only adds one more step to update/downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by fobia View Post
    i put a dummy gateway on mine from day one. only allows local network access. only adds one more step to update/downloads.
    This is totally what I'll be doing once I can jailbreak. It was inevitable that Sony would swing the banhammer - I would've been hugely surprised if they didn't.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News