Please support PS3News.com by disabling adblockers or Register and Login to see fewer ads.

You will now be redirected to the Registration page. Thank you for your continued assistance!

PS: Logged in users can also use adblockers if they so desire. ;-)
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to you block those servers?

Sponsored Links
    How do you block those servers with a Linksys router? I assume it's within the Access restrictions tab of the router's address, but I'm not sure where to go from there. If I enter it under "website blocking" then I'm only allowed to block 4, but I'm not sure if that's even it. I also see where I can block ports, but it looks like that's designed only to enter a range of numbers, not these addresses. Thanks if you can help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentsuken View Post
    Thanks Chronomaster, quick question. How do I go about and use this?

I have DD-WRT v24 SP2.
    I no longer have DD-WRT installed. I changed to Tomato when I upgraded to a ASUS RT-N16.

But I remember it having the capability somewhere. The only thing that comes to mind is that you may need to remove the quotes from the code I posted for use in DD-WRT.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what reason do they have to ban consoles? They just update firmware and stop you going online. I really dont think they should be banning consoles as that could result in some people never buying games for their console again as they can't play online etc with them.
    Last edited by semitope; 10-15-2010 at 05:52 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    I no longer have DD-WRT installed. I changed to Tomato when I upgraded to a ASUS RT-N16.

But I remember it having the capability somewhere. The only thing that comes to mind is that you may need to remove the quotes from the code I posted for use in DD-WRT.
    Thanks Chrono, I found out where. I had never used DNSMasq before, so that part was new to me. I did both the normal Access Restrictions + this.

The "0.0.0.0" needs not to be changed right? Not sure if I was supposed to copy my PS3's IP in there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte5001 View Post
    On boot the system contacts the server and uploads the play list etc. this list alone is enought to get anyone that goes online banned as it shows the bootmanger etc. has been running.
    Now the question is - is it really ONLY upon the boot or also whenever you'll re-enable or re-establish your internet connection on your PS3? Because if former that for those who can't (or prefer not to) block it either directly on their routers or spoof it via own DNS server or proxy all you'd need to do is to keep your PS3 off line during (and mpst probably also a certain time after) boot - either by unplugging simply the network cable or by disabling it's Internet connection to avoid this. But I'm affraid it's more likely the former - e.g. PS3 will "call home" as soon as it can / will detect it's connected to Internet and indeed this is usually during the boot up but could be anytime later IMO once the connection is established.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbieballs View Post
    How do you block those servers with a Linksys router? I assume it's within the Access restrictions tab of the router's address, but I'm not sure where to go from there. If I enter it under "website blocking" then I'm only allowed to block 4, but I'm not sure if that's even it. I also see where I can block ports, but it looks like that's designed only to enter a range of numbers, not these addresses. Thanks if you can help.
    Just go to "Access Restrictions" and Enable it, make sure that under "Clients" you go ahead and put either your PS3's MAC address or your PS3 IP address. Of course, under website blocking, put the links you see on the first page.

You'll have to make at least two policy's. So basically name the first Policy "Blocked Connections" or whatever you wish, then after you add 4 links to the "Website Blocking" switch over to "Policy #2" and do the same thing you did for the first one, (add client, etc etc) on the bottom just make sure to add the other connections you didn't add on the first policy. That way you block them all.

... The "0.0.0.0" needs not to be changed right? Not sure if I was supposed to copy my PS3's IP in there or not.
    Leave it as "0.0.0.0", the ps3 will try to connect to that address and instantly fail. (This is good)

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Leave it as "0.0.0.0", the ps3 will try to connect to that address and instantly fail. (This is good)
    Gotcha, thanks bud! +Rep!

Block the domains with [Register or Login to view links] , its very easy!!

Gotcha, thanks bud! +Rep!
    Remember to test it out by trying ping one one of the servers.

Example:
    On your computer, open up the Command Prompt (cmd.exe) and type
    Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ping fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net
    If the ping returns a error like "Ping request could not find host fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net. Please check the name and try again." then it is working.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News