Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess the public be getting info from "Anonymous" sources now rather than Geohot! *wink wink nudge nudge*

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i guess he won't be getting the xperia play after all... i was looking forward to it

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, the settlement gives nothing to geohot except get him out of the case while sony has essentially barred him from using any sony product ever again and also stated that if they sue him again it will be in the state of california regardless of laws.

Roll Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    I guess the public be getting info from "Anonymous" sources now rather than Geohot! *wink wink nudge nudge*
    Agreed, it appears GeoHot made a brief post indicating just this and then removed it but it's still partially in Google's cache:
    geohot got sued: Wisdom
    Apr 11, 2011 ... If your actions might anger a big evil company, do them anonymously. At least until the lawmakers wake up. China does not have the DMCA. ...
    geohotgotsued.blogspot.com/2011/04/wisdom.html
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

geo-anon.jpg  

wait a min... i thought SCEA didn't exist anymore? isn't it SNEA now?

I'm guessing since the lawsuit began as SCEA, it stays like that till the end of the trial period even though it really applies for SNEA.

Man, I can't help but feel like he sold out... even though I understand his reasons. My guess is that with all the schoolwork and publicity, and most likely the insane legal fees he was facing, he decided enough was enough and took the easy way out. I just hope he continues doing his thing anonymously, because this will be one hell of a blow to the hacking community. He didn't lose, WE ALL lost in this case. As a poster stated above, I hope Graf's case is next, and that it goes much better... somehow I get the feeling Graf would rather die then bend over to corporate scum

Um yeah this result means there is no legal precedent for using your hardware in a way the manufacturer deems unfit (being right, wrong or otherwise regarding the PS3), which considering the setting of that precedent was Sony's intention, I call it a win. Of course we don't know the details of what's in the injunction, so only time will tell on that one, but I don't like the idea of an advocate of the freedom of information being gagged by an injunction at all.

But all that being said, I can't say if I had as much at stake I wouldn't make the same call. And I don't even like the guy.

As far as im concerned everything leading to this settlement is complete speculation... i've gotta throw my 2 cents in though. Geohot was on the winning side until that gamertag was found... Maybe there was a connection who knows.

Needless to say there will be a lot of people disappointed about the outcome of this. If this does happen again with someone else, i'm sure this case will be a referance. It's a gloomy day for cfw users.

I don't blame Geohot for settling. A lot of people talk the big talk but if a corporation like Sony with endless amounts of money that can bend the law to their liking (they already paid for the laws in existence) came after you then you would want to settle also. He made an important contribution to the community and doesn't have anything to gain by financially bankrupting himself to prove his innocence.

It would have been nice to have set a legal precedence, but common folk like you and me cannot afford justice in this country (U.S.) anymore. If (and its a big if, since money always wins in this broken legal system) Sony lost this case, it would be extremely detrimental to them and they probably didn't want to take the chance.

The only way we could ever seek true justice would be for a massive Sony boycott, and American's are lazy and content with the way things are and would never follow through. Only when the well runs dry will Sony be forced to change their business practices.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News