Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotmike3 View Post
    Is the psp with CFW can be used like your supposed usb stick to move PS3 in Service Mode?

The psp has an usb connection, and wifi connection too... And of course the CFW.

So why not?
    Well because the special device CJPC talks of has some special (probably unknown) functions - i.e. uses unknown protocol, has some special HW to let it do some one-time password exchange, etc... You'd have to have the original device to be even able to replicate its function and even with it it could be impossible. Some security devices (for example in cars) use one-way security - i.e. the car sends requests and remote door opener answers. However the request does not repeat in time and while you do not know how the proper answer is calculated you have no chance to replicate the remote door opener...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    Well because the special device CJPC talks of has some special (probably unknown) functions - i.e. uses unknown protocol, has some special HW to let it do some one-time password exchange, etc... You'd have to have the original device to be even able to replicate its function and even with it it could be impossible. Some security devices (for example in cars) use one-way security - i.e. the car sends requests and remote door opener answers. However the request does not repeat in time and while you do not know how the proper answer is calculated you have no chance to replicate the remote door opener...
    well put!

as far as firmware downgrading goes, that can only be done on debug consoles.. correct? Which can only be downgraded so far from original version? I think I understood that correctly... maybe not.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    At the moment yes, only on a debug console. Sure, one could be made for a retail one, if we could sign them which, we can't, so its a moot point.

It can be downgraded as far as the PUP you have. If the pup is a 1.00 downgrade one, it can be downgrade TO 1.00, etc.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234