Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @CJ
    Can you please explain the process to downgrade your proto or test?
    I was wanting to know what else has to be done or do you just have to run a pup that is compatable to downgrade with.

I have not got to read the documentation on this..

appreciate it...

peace
    idone

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    @CJ
    Can you please explain the process to downgrade your proto or test?
    I was wanting to know what else has to be done or do you just have to run a pup that is compatable to downgrade with.
    As far as downgrading a TEST, it's just a special PUP that you run like a normal upgrade PUP, but it downgrades. As far as the Service Mode info goes, great news. I can't wait until this Service Mode PS3 I have gets promoted from paperweight to game console again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xandura View Post
    great job guys, but I thought we could already write FW or even a CFW using infectus.

the problem is writing the CFW itself, or am I wrong?
    We can write firmware, but only Signed, Offical, Per Box firmware via infectus, and at times, only the same version, so the infectus route does not really help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    I as well had thought the same thing about the infectus doing the same or similiar thing as to writting custom firmware, So between these two what would be the differences?
    Basically, with this, we will be able to bring the system back to the start, with the possibility of turning it into a debug system.

the more dev threads i read, the more impressed i get with sony's security on the PS3 and with the descoveries of the DEV team of this forum.

awesome work guys, keep us posted!

cheers

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by flurix View Post
    As far as downgrading a TEST, it's just a special PUP that you run like a normal upgrade PUP, but it downgrades.
    So basically what you are saying is that the 1.00 pup to downgrade differs from the original 1.00 debugging station upgrade???

And that all that needs to be done is to run it from software update in the xmb with no need to format the hdd or any other step in the process?

Also what pup versions, (special or otherwise) can be used to downgrade?? And if known what is the size difference between a downgrader pup and the original update.pup of the same version???

tks

idone

Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    So basically what you are saying is that the 1.00 pup to downgrade differs from the original 1.00 debugging station upgrade???

And that all that needs to be done is to run it from software update in the xmb with no need to format the hdd or any other step in the process?

Also what pup versions, (special or otherwise) can be used to downgrade?? And if known what is the size difference between a downgrader pup and the original update.pup of the same version???
    Basically Yes, it does differ, and its that simple, done right in the XMB without a need to do any other steps.

All new releases (after 2.00) can downgrade back to themselves from something higher, and the lower FW's were replaced by a special downgrade one!

Banned User
    thanks CJ!

this was exactly the information i was seeking. The clarification is much appreciated.

peace
    idone

My PS3 is in service mode but I'm confused how do I get it out, can i just install any firmware update and would that get it out?

Sadly, you can not. We also have a PS3 that is 'stuck' in service mode, the only way to get it out is with special software, which is just about impossible to get!

The system will not take a normal firmware update, as it needs the special one!

Hi,

Just a question for developpers.

Is the psp with CFW can be used like your supposed usb stick to move PS3 in Service Mode?

The psp has an usb connection, and wifi connection too... And of course the CFW.

So why not?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast