Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are there any plans to shift some of this to any of the SPU's to keep the framerates up?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good question - the only games that need it at the moment are -

1 - Romancing Saga 3 - hires equip screen drops to 42/43fps.
    2 - Vortex - not 60fps constant
    3 - Star Fox 2 - same here - hovers between 55/53fps and 60fps when it's not having a bad day.

the main problem is that the development environment (retail PS3 with no debug FW) sucks - I'm hoping OtherOS++ gets released soon that we can run jailbroken / with a CFW on a firmware above 3.15 - we don't want to have to go through this ordeal of the app hanging everytime we try some stuff out with the SPUs - that would be absolute hell.

Another obstacle -

1 - This emulator (or parts of it) might not be parallelizable - in the sense that we can't just offload certain parts to a different CPU and have the main CPU (the PPU) get on with its job. A lot of emulators like MAME can't really make effective use of multi core CPUs beyond a dual-core for this very same reason.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 02-15-2011 at 10:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wouldn't really need a debug though to try, just code in some hefty error detection into a dev build. Pain in the ass signing and packing though I guess every time you make a small tweak. I'm pretty sure you can make a mfw for 3.15 with the mfw program though and asbestos 1.5 does an ok job of booting linux only the bootloader is very restricting but the same sort of hardware access grafs method will bring (except rw access to ram but thats not really needed for this)

It'd help with the input lag too, and it'd make a decent gui feasible.

Is there a way to set the emulator to use 1080i without changing my main ps3 settings as i want to keep that 1080p?

At the moment you have to set it manually with the XMB and change it back when you want to use 1080p again in other games/apps.

I'm working on a solution for this - so that you can just resolution switch to 1080 interlaced - and vice versa.

so there is no save state option? thanks

yes there is, read squarepusher2's previous post.

This would be great, thanks for your response

Hi Squarepusher, I noticed in this new version i'm getting a steady static feedback through RSound. Do you know what may be causing it? I would imagine this would go unaffected... thanks!

my settings is already 1080i on ps3, however i tried on the SNES 720p and that seems to make the input better.

Sponsored Links

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News