Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Okay, in order to copy them to internal, what is the EXACT path to copy .smc files to?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    WOW, the PS3 scene is so alive! Also Would it be possible for anyone to post the already made PKG file.. because my internet is crap right now, and would take me hours to get the PS3 SDK.
    Last edited by thebomb5; 09-19-2010 at 12:07 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomb5 View Post
    Also Would it be possible for anyone to post the already made PKG file.. because my internet is crap right now, and would take me hours to get the PS3 SDK.
    It's right in the first post, and the Site News article on this topic as well.

Thank You so much Boss, You guys are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte5001 View Post
    Okay, in order to copy them to internal, what is the EXACT path to copy .smc files to?
    Truthfully, I'm not sure if there is a correct place so long as it's in the hdd folder and not any flash--I just copied mine into dev_hdd0/vsh and they run fine from there.

Sweet, what platform specific files did you need to change (at minimum) to get it to run on the Ps3?

Thumbs Up

awesome... can't wait to try this out.

Epic, can't wait newer version

Just how useable is this? Does it freeze or crash often?

I know its only in early stages but from what i read it seems to pretty well on it's way.

Phew ... working my way through all the responses now. I'm busy for the rest of the weekend so I don't know how much stuff I'll be able to fix. Here's a few quick updates/responses, though. New binary attached.

I changed the base path for the browser to / instead of /dev_usb000 so you can select any device now. You might have noticed that emulation will ocassionally pause for a couple seconds - this is lag from saving the SRAM file to a USB device that's gone to sleep. I haven't tested but I don't think you should experience this if your games are on the internal drive.

New icon added thanks to rubixcube6. Thanks! It looks spiffy.

There were a couple of comments regarding full screen scaling and higher resolutions. Basically the problem I have right now is that the method I'm using to render graphics to RSX sucks. I am setting up the rendering context like normal, but then instead of really doing anything with it, I just use cellGcmSetTransferData to send pixels directly to the frame buffer, and the scaling function I use is dumb so outputting at 1080p looks the same, just slower. Probably a better solution would be to render to a textured quad and then use hardware scaling or something like that. Once I get all of the setup for that working (it's fun fun to debug display setup issues with no debug hardware) more advanced UI and output stuff should be much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    Thanks it works the sound is speeded up 2x as you said in your first post, but I can play super mario world hehe

Look forward to more emulators such as n64, ps2, gamecube, wii etc
    Hm, really? There's probably a few issues like this on different hardware, since I've only tested on one configuration. For reference, my setup:

250GB PS3 Slim
    USB thumb drive plugged into port 2
    Teensy++ plugged into port 1
    HDMI output (1080p)

If you're expriencing weird issues like this, send me what you can about your configuration and I'll see if I can take a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendazo View Post
    Awesome work! Just finished playing some Mario World.. now we just need an update with the ability to save games.
    Do you mean save states? Normal SRAM saving should work as long as your device is writable.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News