Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Are there any plans to integrate the PS's SaveGame feature into SNES9x? A config save file, then on new ROM lauch create savedata with 10 savestates + srm + screencapture? That way it is simple to bring my "Yoshi's Island" success with me to friend's PS3 easily.
    I don't see much point in doing that, honestly - better to just individually transfer over the SRM file and the savestates that you want to an USB stick, and use Blackbox FTP Server on your friend's PS3 to transfer it over - or just use Compgenie to transfer over the SRM and savestates on your PS3.

I might change my mind on this if I eventually see the point behind this - but it looks to me like much complication for little to no gain.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You're probably right, it's probably better to watch till we can create custom XMB submenu's anyways. (PS1/PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc... Game Save Folders)

I'm hoping to essentially make my PS3 the end system, where every game I play from now on, I beat one last time, and have it saved and visible on a whim.

If I get the time, I'll code it up and pass it to you, (your/you guys' choice to implement it or not when I do) And thanks for replying I more incentive to get off my lazy butt and do it myself now

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can the program read the .ini file from a usb stick and saves from there?

Seems much more portable to move from ps3 to ps3. Or smb support either way is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin121994 View Post
    Can the program read the .ini file from a usb stick and saves from there?

Seems much more portable to move from ps3 to ps3. Or smb support either way is good?
    At the moment, you can set cheatfile directory, savestate directory and default ROM directory. This is stored in USRDIR/snes9x.conf (that is the configuration file). So yeah, you can set up your savestate path to point to a USB folder - that is possible. You can configure this from the Settings menu, or you can edit snes9x.conf by hand.

However, do note that when you insert the USB stick into another USB slot (or when you have hooked up multiple USB devices), the path to the USB stick might change (so instead of dev_usb000, it might be dev_usb001).

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    You're probably right, it's probably better to watch till we can create custom XMB submenu's anyways. (PS1/PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc... Game Save Folders)

I'm hoping to essentially make my PS3 the end system, where every game I play from now on, I beat one last time, and have it saved and visible on a whim.

If I get the time, I'll code it up and pass it to you, (your/you guys' choice to implement it or not when I do) And thanks for replying I more incentive to get off my lazy butt and do it myself now
    I guess one application I can see for this, is the following:

Create a 'Savegame' - XMB-style - and dump all savestates and SRAM files there.

This 'savegame' you could then easily transfer to a USB stick, carry to a friend, then 'open'. What would happen then is that both the savestate directory and the SRAM directory get 'redirected' to that folder where the savegame is at. So - it would not mess around with the savestates or SRAM files that your friend's copy of SNES9x has - instead, it would simply redirect all savestate/SRAM paths to your gamesave.

I think something like that is probably what you had in mind.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 11-08-2010 at 09:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great work on the audio lib there gents (the whole project actually). There's a few bits and pieces in the codebase that I've been able to re-use, or even just to use as a reference against my own project.

Is there any preferred method for crediting your work? You might want to add more complete headers to your source code - documenting it's origin/authorship for anyone else that might want make use of it.

I really love this Emu!!! To be honest, i never knew that the US version ran so fast. i was up until 4 am last Friday night playing Donkey Kong 3 - its surprising no matter how many times you finish a game there is still more time to finish it again....

4:3 support makes it look exactly how it used to!!! Thanks!

Also i read on one of your post that SNES9X supports all usb devices so if i can get my hands on a SNES - USB device that will work? does any one know of a good place to get some cheap? all i could find was a couple of sites but it seems as if they were charging way too much!!!

Another feature that i was wondering if would be implemented was a rewind feature [similar to the PSP version]

And another feature that i missed was x10 frame skip? Just to speed things up a little?!

but to be honest, i love this thing so much!!! Your a legend mate!!! Good work and keep the updates coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRaxicon View Post
    Is there any preferred method for crediting your work? You might want to add more complete headers to your source code - documenting it's origin/authorship for anyone else that might want make use of it.
    Yeah - the headers might need a revision - but really, as far as I am concerned you can credit us in any way that you want - it doesn't matter much to me personally.

squarepusher2 lol you might want to edit the first page

Things that suck:

- Lots of SNES9x features are not supported yet. No save states, for example. Most of these are really simple to implement.
    - Sound code is rubbish. It more or less works, but you'll probably hear the occasional skip.
    - Performance isn't great.
    - UI. Or rather, there isn't one.
    - So much more.

Soo much has changed since you posted that. Love this emu Thanks SNES team for all your hard work. Coders like you who make the scene what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by clouduzz View Post
    squarepusher2 lol you might want to edit the first page
    FYI the first post/main article was by eiz not squarepusher2, but the first post I have been updating with the newer version links as they are available.

doesn't Snes9x v4.3.9 read 7z files still? i downloaded a complete pack with the pkg, all games are in 7z but they won't show up in the rom directory of my ps3 when under roms.. but when selecting the directory as start directory i can see them there..

Sponsored Links

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News