Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great work on this emulator.. all it needs is filters and it will be complete!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Great work, thank you.

Would it be possible to add a super eagle or other HQ filter?
    We will probably not use filters but shaders that will do pretty much the same thing. No ETA on that yet - that's pretty much Halsafar's specialty.

BTW guys - the next release (4.4.0) will have cheats support - I promise. It will use the same onscreen keyboard dialog utility that is now being used for setting the RSound Server IP Address.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 11-04-2010 at 01:29 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    pal games support please. (50Hz) issue..

Quote Originally Posted by sascha8192 View Post
    pal games support please. (50Hz) issue..
    Roms are really small already just download the NTSC version. It's already been stated they are superior and don't give problems. There is also an option to force pal roms to NTSC I believe.

1. Yes... but I come from german, and I play german games if possible.
    2. Many pal games have region protection, and don't start with 60Hz.
    3. PS3-SNES9X emu is verry good full fps (yoshies island) Super FX chip emulation.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha8192 View Post
    1. Yes... but I come from german, and I play german games if possible.
    2. Many pal games have region protection, and don't start with 60Hz.
    3. PS3-SNES9X emu is verry good full fps (yoshies island) Super FX chip emulation.
    We will have to sort this out eventually.

It's strange though - FCEU doesn't seem to suffer from the same ghosting effect - so I'd say it's SNES9x or perhaps the configuration of PALTimeframe or whatever that is at issue here.

If anyone wanted to try the new networked audio feature in latest SNES9x, Themaister posted a small tutorial video for Windows.

Do note that RSound is fully supported in Linux/BSD as well.

It works great BTW - I'm running RSound through JACK and then RSound goes to JAMIN.

Last edited by squarepusher2; 11-07-2010 at 11:33 AM

I'm not complaining or anything as I love all the features of snes9x but what exactly is the point of Rsound when you can just play the sound through your TV? is it for recording game audio on PC or something?

Quote Originally Posted by alienJIZ1990 View Post
    I'm not complaining or anything as I love all the features of snes9x but what exactly is the point of Rsound when you can just play the sound through your TV? is it for recording game audio on PC or something?
    Well, for one thing, I don't run my PS3 primarily on an HDTV - I run it on a PC monitor/LCD screen through HDMI, but it doesn't have speakers attached. So previously I had to plug in basic composite cables, connect it to the receiver, and then connect a Line-in cable from my receiver to a laptop.

Then, that laptop would start up JACK, I would set up the routing so that JACK would route everything from line-in to playback, and then PS3 sound would be outputted through my laptop.

Then I would listen to it through headphones.

Now, with RSound, I can reserve my line-in port for other stuff - such as another laptop that I have that runs Foobar2000.

The nice thing about RSound is that it now has JACK support - so I can route RSound to JAMIN (a JACK equalizer) and be able to fiddle around with the audio.

But yeah, another significant feature - this will allow you to record sound - as JACK has a couple of standard recording options.

But perhaps even more significantly is that this validates that we can make use of the PS3's networking facilities just fine - I didn't have any Xruns or sound drops with RSound.

I will eventually want to have Netplay in SNES9x - so that will be one of the next steps.

Are there any plans to integrate the PS's SaveGame feature into SNES9x? A config save file, then on new ROM lauch create savedata with 10 savestates + srm + screencapture? That way it is simple to bring my "Yoshi's Island" success with me to friend's PS3 easily.

Sponsored Links
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News