Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Squarepusher, thanks again for all your hard work, I just wanted to say I found a way to permanently hardcode game genie codes and and pro action replay codes into any snes rom (using a program called cccgp-classic cheat code game patcher), and it also works on nes, gb, sms, and gg. Ds and gba versions are avialable seperately. Didn't work for me in windows 7 (64 bit issue?), but worked great on vista. This is a great workaround for those who can't wait to cheat like me

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    You didn't mention a version number. You sure you're using 4.3.8 instead of the cruddy initial version?

That's the only possible explanation I can come up with. Every game (apart from Star Fox 2/Vortex) runs at well over 60fps, and audio skips only occur when the emulator slips below 59fps, which never happens apart from the aforementioned two games.
    I fixed the problem. I repack most if not all of my homebrew to use different directories than the ones they come packed as. So in this case the directory SNES9000 was hardcoded into the eboot for the path of the config file and because i used a different directory it couldnt find the config file. I edited the eboot to point to the correct path now as all is good.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by farenheit View Post
    I fixed the problem. I repack most if not all of my homebrew to use different directories than the ones they come packed as. So in this case the directory SNES9000 was hardcoded into the eboot for the path of the config file and because i used a different directory it couldnt find the config file. I edited the eboot to point to the correct path now as all is good.
    Ah, that would explain a lot I guess, LOL.

SNES9x PS3 - Build 4.3.9 (w/ Source)

Build 4.3.9 (03-11-2010) - rev. number 49d11492e2
    -------------------------------------------------
    * Updated to new SNES9x version - now runs the following games that didn't work before:
    - The Mask
    * Fixed 16:9 aspect ratio issue - this seems to be a common issue with PS3s on modern HDTVs. There is now an 'Overscan' option inside the Settings menu that you can use to get the stretched screen fit just right on your TV screen.
    * Settings are saved when exiting the emulator.
    * The garbage on the right side of the screen has been fixed
    * Two sound modes are now available: Normal (same as it was before) and RSound. RSound is a networked audio client/server program - with this, you can route the music from the PS3 (SNES audio in this case) to any laptop/PC/settopbox that has a media player with either the RSound plugin, or a dedicated RSound server application (Rsd/Rsdplay). There is a documentation file and a Youtube video provided to help people to set it up. Latency is as low as it possibly can be - definitely try it out.
    * Major restructuring to the Settings screen.
    * The default ROM directory, default savestate directory can now be set inside the Settings screen.
    * 5-player Multitap support (was previously just 4-player)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the update. Trying it out as we speak

thanks going to install later ... to me all it seems left to be done is maybe a few more gfx filters and cheat code support other than that it's really complete.

Thanks for the update.

I would agree that this emulator is just about complete.

I just tested some FF6, and it's working perfect. It's a shame it doesn't remember the resolution setting. If I set it to 720p, the next time snes9x is started the value is back to 1080p. It will probably only work if I set the PS3 video output to 720p only. I hope you're going to add some extra filters, but for the rest it's working perfectly. Really appreciate your effort and time!

Quote Originally Posted by pepijndamen View Post
    I just tested some FF6, and it's working perfect. It's a shame it doesn't remember the resolution setting. If I set it to 720p, the next time snes9x is started the value is back to 1080p. It will probably only work if I set the PS3 video output to 720p only. I hope you're going to add some extra filters, but for the rest it's working perfectly. Really appreciate your effort and time!
    Actually, the resolution setting not saving is done as a safeguard. It just chooses whatever resolution is best according to the capabilities of your TV/monitor.

Imagine this - you set SNES9x to 1080p, we save that setting in the config file, you move your PS3 to a friend's house and he has a TV that only supports 720p - guess what happens?

That's why it's the only 'setting' that wont' save - it was done deliberately.

Just FYI, there is no point in setting it to 720p if your TV/monitor is capable of 1080p - you certainly won't notice any performance improvements - speed is the same at 480p/720p/1080p.

Great work, thank you.

Would it be possible to add a super eagle or other HQ filter?

Hi Everyone, First time poster, fantastic forum!

I would just like to say that thank you to Squarepusher2. this was the reason i had bought my PS3 3 years ago in the anticipation that SNES9x would be ported over [when the ps3 was hacked of course].

As an older gamer i love all the classic SNES games and beleive that this was one of the best consoles ever.

So thank you agian, i hope you bring out more!! lol

What plans do you have in the near future??

Sponsored Links

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News