Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Zipped ROMs will also work.

BTW, another release is upcoming soon.
    Thanks Squarepusher! Had no idea since I'd been using unzipped roms with the earlier versions. Do you think game genie support is still a long ways off?
    Last edited by dragonsurfer; 10-30-2010 at 11:39 PM Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsurfer View Post
    Thanks Squarepusher! Had no idea since I'd been using unzipped roms with the earlier versions. Do you think game genie support is still a long ways off?
    If the onscreen keyboard thing gets incorporated into the code, then no, it will not take much longer before you can input cheatcodes. It probably won't be in 4.3.9, though.

Thank you so much for 1080p and 16:10 (although i hope 16:9 is in the next release).

It looks very good on my full hd plasma. Hoping for some great filters in the future.

How did you get 1080p resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    If the onscreen keyboard thing gets incorporated into the code, then no, it will not take much longer before you can input cheatcodes. It probably won't be in 4.3.9, though.
    Good news - I got the onscreen keyboard thing working, so cheatcodes are probably coming in for the next release.

Slightly off topic here... But how are you folks debugging your efforts? I've seen mention of the Control Console, though it seems a little cumbersome.

Somebody also mentioned sending printf style packets over UDP from another thread.. to be listened for on another machine using netstat.. I'm leaning towards this if there are no other suggestions...

Anyone setup printf debugging to overlay onto the PSGL display?
    Last edited by TimRex; 11-01-2010 at 02:04 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes we have PSGL printf debugging.

Connecting to another machine is much better if you are having an odd crash. Since a crash probably means you won't see the last frame of PSGL to view the last message.

hey square. since you guys seem to spend quality time with everything. is there any plans for YOU guys to work on other emus other than nes and snes? ie all sega, handhelds, ps1, ps2 and maybe even newer ones like ds? just "food for thought?"

Dolphin would be great..

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    hey square. since you guys seem to spend quality time with everything. is there any plans for YOU guys to work on other emus other than nes and snes? ie all sega, handhelds, ps1, ps2 and maybe even newer ones like ds? just "food for thought?"
    The other systems are all reasonable porting targets, and in fact, some we will be pursuing.

PS2? Won't ever happen. We're having problems getting a GBA emu to run at 60fps, never mind PS2, LOL.

Well, the PCSX2 devs are apparently going to rewrite it from the ground up for PS3. Will take 1-2 years, straight from the horse's mouth.

Might as well buy the hardware BC kit when it comes out.

A PS1 emu might seem a little redundant when all that is really needed is a 'hack' or 'syshook' of some sort to get the PS1 driver to read ISOs instead of disks and no region protection anymore.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 11-01-2010 at 03:07 AM

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast