Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsurfer View Post
    16:9 is in it now, if you press select you can change it.
    It's 16:10, not 16:9. With 16:10 on my 60" projection both sides get cut off making that mode unusable for me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveU View Post
    FYI, I have loaded your save on my system. And I can go into the world without problem. No issues at all.
    Found the problem. It's to do with the PS3 remote controller.

I've turned on the controller display to find the controller I'm using is showing up as Controller 2, and Controller 1 (the remote) shows the UP and LEFT as permanently depressed.

Turning off the remote at this point has no effect on the state of those buttons as far as snes9x is concerned.

However, if I turn off the remote before starting snes9x, all is well once more.

Interesting that it only occurs on the world map, FF3 doing something funky on the control input it seems.

Can anyone confirm similar behaviour with their PS3 remote and stuck d-pad states?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaxicon View Post
    This is interesting.. I'm still trying to work out if it's a general snes9x issue or if its specific to this port.

Final Fantasy III (US) plays fine up until the player reaches the World Map (about 45 minutes into the game), at which point the player control input is permanently stuck as it the user is pressing 'left' on the control pad. The player can move to the right by one position, but upon releasing the dpad the player is immediately forced 'left' once more. Up and Down input does not register.
    I have tried Final Fantasy III (US) - not v1.1 though - and I never experienced this problem. I can walk around just fine on the World Map.

Probably a one-time glitch you triggered in the game perhaps - it's well known that the first initial version of Final Fantasy III was released with tons of very serious bugs (Relm's Sketch Bug) - there will be probably be many more.

SP2, see post immediately above yours. Diagnosed as an issue with the PS3 remote and stuck d-pad states.

Two problems here.
    1. The stuck d-pad state itself, which 'could' be just my remote - though it works fine outside of snes9x.
    2. Turning off the ps3 remote does not register with snes9x. The dpad state remains.

wow, full screen + 1080 upscaling. Very Nice!!! Thank you very much!

the Emulator needs now only a Cheating tool, Online Gaming and fix for working all Games. Than you can Stop to Programming
    Last edited by cvp; 10-27-2010 at 08:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by TRaxicon View Post
    SP2, see post immediately above yours. Diagnosed as an issue with the PS3 remote and stuck d-pad states.

Two problems here.
    1. The stuck d-pad state itself, which 'could' be just my remote - though it works fine outside of snes9x.
    2. Turning off the ps3 remote does not register with snes9x. The dpad state remains.
    Interesting problem here. I have no remote so unfortunately I'm not able to test. We could perhaps do something about this - check the availability of the input device that we want to get, and if it's a remote - disregard it.

I'm just surmising here though. Would have to test.

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte5001 View Post
    It's 16:10, not 16:9. With 16:10 on my 60" projection both sides get cut off making that mode unusable for me.
    You are absolutely right. I'm sorry for not reading it better.
    Last edited by dragonsurfer; 10-27-2010 at 09:07 PM Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    We could perhaps do something about this - check the availability of the input device that we want to get, and if it's a remote - disregard it.

I'm just surmising here though. Would have to test.
    Am happy to help out in this regard, just as soon as I can setup a dev environment.

This emu just gets better and better mate, keep up the good work.

Do you guys have a website? What is the best location to look for the latest version?

Great work!

Sponsored Links
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News