Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    square please make a genesis/sega cd emulator

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What about the stretch to fit option? Is it in the works? It's the only feature missing to me ^^

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by the menu being a graphical mess in SM All Stars + World, seems fine here - could you be more specific?
    The covers are just mixed together, they get even worse when you start moving them around to select a game, just as if some parts of the previous cover is not moving. maybe it's the rom, oh well like I said I have All Stars works fine, and I have a separate World, so no biggie! Is anyone working on a Dolphin port (now that would be cool)
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 10-20-2010 at 12:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenlordMex View Post
    First lets let him finish this one... then hopefully he makes a genesis emulator and then a N64 emulator

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenlordMex View Post
    Be Patient lol, he is doing it as a hobby and a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by marc2590 View Post
    First lets let him finish this one... then hopefully he makes a genesis emulator and then a N64 emulator
    I second that, Give it awhile and allow him to improve and create the perfect SNES Emulator.

It's funny first emu for PS3 being SNES, seeing as Playstation was originally intended to be a SNES CD-ROM add-on.

First off great job on making this man, i really mean that. Ive been lurking these sites for a long time now and have been on the xbox side of modding for a LONG time but came this way when the ps3 got hacked. If you have ever done anything with the original xbox then you would know the kind on quality they are and this is really turning in to a class A emulator. To acheive the quality it is in just this short time is really great.

But anyways you said that you are creating this in a way so that it can be used as a skeleton for porting other emulators as well. If thats the case i think it would be a good idea to add rewind/fastforward features so that others who want to port an emu will be able to look at the code and have a good idea how its done. I know you said a few posts earlier that you want it to be like the actual hardware and not be lazy about playing but thats all really up to the end user to use them or not. Thats just a feature that i think some users and other ports of emus would really appreciate. Also i think i saw you say it could be added in a matter of a couple of minutes so why not add it and just let the end user to decide to use it or not.

Also the display is really good in 720p. Im actually surprised that it looks so good without any software filters and such. I dont know if there are any kind of filters you have in it at the moment hardcoded in atm but it looks great. If you add any in then that too also might be of help to any others that decide to port something over if they look into the code on how you did it. Also i think that an option or tool that would allow one to stretch the screen to fill in the entire screen would also be nice. I personally like to stretch the image to fill my entire 42" screen and some ppl say it makes it look funny but to each there own right.

I know i was a little long winded but i thought i would just give my opinion. Those are some of the most important features that i think every great emulator has and its really all up to you if you think they would be a good idea to implement or not. Also if your building it as a skeleton for future ports then those features would be great for the the coders to be able to llok at and see how to use them.But keep up the good work and i cant wait to see what this great emu will evolve into.

squarepusher, great work thus far. from my understanding, the newest version supports zip files. i'm wondering how easy would it be to also enable the emulator to read *.7z files? most, if not all, roms nowadays are in *.7z format.

Would it be possible to add personal user settings? So you can save the location of your roms. So they will pop just right up without the need for browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClausG76 View Post
    Would it be possible to add personal user settings? So you can save the location of your roms. So they will pop just right up without the need for browsing.
    in a .ini file or .cfg file like some of the game managers are using..

Sponsored Links

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News