Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    squarepusher: I can't see the text in the ROM browser as a part of the left screen is cut.

I think it's a 16:10 aspect ratio display problem. Any chance you could move this text to the right a bit in your next version please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't see the ROM Browser in 720p.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post
    squarepusher: I can't see the text in the ROM browser as a part of the left screen is cut.

I think it's a 16:10 aspect ratio display problem. Any chance you could move this text to the right a bit in your next version please?
    Why bother, the ROM menu and the fonts are a piece of crap.

As far as I'm concerned, all of that stuff is going out and something decent is going in with the next release.

Maybe is because your tv has too much overscan, mine has also a bit but i can see the menu and stuff. Try to see if you can disable it, some tv's has this option.

Quote Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post

i have the same problem on my lcd tv what i did was use the 480.pkg to sort it.

Thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Sorry folks, it's your monitor/TV's postprocessing filters. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this before it finally gets through. I'm already sick of saying it.
    I understand you may be under a lot of stress but try not to jump to conclusions so quickly.

I realized the ones with the scrolling lag issues were pal roms. I used NTSC roms and everything worked fine. Will this always be an issue with pal roms?

The emulator is very well done I suppose the only thing I could ask for is smoothing options.

Quote Originally Posted by jcgamer60 View Post
    I understand you may be under a lot of stress but try not to jump to conclusions so quickly.

I realized the ones with the scrolling lag issues were pal roms. I used NTSC roms and everything worked fine. Will this always be an issue with pal roms?

The emulator is very well done I suppose the only thing I could ask for is smoothing options.
    Conclusion jumping huh? I recall pretty clearly square stating many times that PAL roms will have issues. In fact it may even be just one page back.

Quote Originally Posted by austindriver13 View Post
    Conclusion jumping huh? I recall pretty clearly square stating many times that PAL roms will have issues. In fact it may even be just one page back.
    And it's in the README. But I still try to answer people when they bring it up without saying something like 'RTFM', since I think that is a cheap shot.

Anyway, if you compile the trunk in the repository right now, I've inserted a Force NTSC option in the Settings menu - you can set this to TRUE prior before running a PAL ROM and it will try to run it at 60fps - this fixes the ghosting issue or whatever it is that is causing PAL ROMs to be this jerky.

However, it won't work on certain games because they had region protection (Super Mario All-Stars is where all the fun with 'region protection' began I think) and some games will even hang the emulator when you try to do this. It's certainly not the intended way to run PAL ROMs.

I read something in the SDK about ways to do a double Vsync in case the output signal is 50Hz while your main refresh rate is at 59.94Hz/60Hz. That might help, but slow things down when you're running NTSC ROMs.

In any case, I'd have to experiment with all of this stuff first.

great job SP2. I can't wait for awesome work with other emus upcoming.

Sponsored Links

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News