Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ness151 View Post
    Sorry for getting late on this reply, I'm still new to the boards, sorry.

I've tried both controllers, they give the same reaction: laggy controls and button movement.
    I'm going to be putting out a new version just so I can deal with your problem (how's that for dedication?).

In the meantime, can you tell me which controllers you're actually using? In the video, it was a blue PS2/PS3 pad? Couldn't make it out specifically.

For the next version - I want you to do a specific test - I will tell you later what it actually is. Hopefully the next version will just fix whatever problem you're having, but in case it doesn't, there's going to be the test I want to run you through.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    one original black ps3 dualshock controller, and one original blue ps3 dualshock controller, bought one month after I bought the system.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    First off I wanted to take a moment to applaud squarepusher2's dedication and progression on the SNES front. Every new revision is better then the last and I really appreciate all the hard work and time you've invested into getting emulation onto the PS3. So thank you!

Next I have a question about future implementation that I didn't see a status on while reading though the thread. When is zip access coming? Currently I have all my roms unzipped but I'd really prefer to have them all zipped if possible.

So once again thanks for the hard work. I'll keep looking forward to future releases. Cheers.

quick question will there be a increase in size for the text? i have a 42" and its a inconvenience to have to stand up and get closer to see the folders/files (wife brought this one up lol)

ps yes i also can tell there is some lag with the button to action on screen.

libdbgfont implementation is now in advanced stage of development/testing. This will increase the font size on the rom/settings menus to something more readable, even if you're sat 15 meters away from the screen. Probably configurable in settings menu for small/medium/large sizes.

gzip support will be added when the above is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by damingraham View Post
    quick question will there be a increase in size for the text? i have a 42" and its a inconvenience to have to stand up and get closer to see the folders/files (wife brought this one up lol)

ps yes i also can tell there is some lag with the button to action on screen.
    have you put your TV into gamemode? Or turned off all image processing?

These are the most likely culprits for your button lag issues. The latest issue he is trying to fix in a new release is in regards to a controller bug(possibly), that makes the dpad and buttons almost non-responsive.

mine doesn't have "game mode" its a full 1080p tv using a hdmi plug.

Quote Originally Posted by damingraham View Post
    mine doesn't have "game mode" its a full 1080p tv using a hdmi plug.
    So is mine, and most others that have "game mode"

Does it have dynamic contrast? Edge sharpening? Truecolor? any kind of "Better Picture" option??

those are called post-processing effects. Most 1080p tvs have these filters/effects. They can be great for watching TV or movies, but can cause a delay in what they recieve, and what they display.

Hence the Lag. Some Tvs are better than others.

What TV do you have?? make/model. maybe it does has an option that might be causing your issue. Maybe it doesn't.

Running latest 480p version here. Excellent work on this emulator thus far, but I have noticed issues with a few games. Some games like final fight 2, and 3 and street fighter world warrior that I have test so far seem to lag a bit when scrolling across the screen. Does this happen for anyone else?

Not all games are like this most I tested seemed perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jcgamer60 View Post
    Running latest 480p version here. Excellent work on this emulator thus far, but I have noticed issues with a few games. Some games like final fight 2, and 3 and street fighter world warrior that I have test so far seem to lag a bit when scrolling across the screen. Does this happen for anyone else?

Not all games are like this most I tested seemed perfect.
    Tried:

Final Fight 2 - 60fps constant - perfect
    Final Fight 3 - 60fps constant - perfect
    Street Fighter II World Warrior - 60fps constant - perfect

By perfect, I mean - no input lag, no frame skips, no screen tearing, no nothing.

Sorry folks, it's your monitor/TV's postprocessing filters. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this before it finally gets through. I'm already sick of saying it.

To the guy that said - oh I can play Earthbound just fine on 4.3.1 while I can't with 4.3.6 - it's unresponsive - yeah, notice the title screen you're on is a blue-green checkerboard pattern - probably not something a post-processing filter on your monitor/HDTV takes kindly to. Then, on top of that, I added analog controls to it as of 3.4.2 - so yeah, that will add a few milliseconds to it - so if you didn't have input lag before because your monitor BARELY stretched it, then with the extra if conditionals perhaps it won't.

That's as much as I've been able to come up with.

I'm sorry to say that none of this is my problem and even my responsibility - it works fine on my monitor, hence it will work fine on most monitors when people have finally figured out how to disable their TV/monitor's post-processing filters.

Most likely you would get the same input lag trouble with a real 16bit/8bit console.

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]

Last edited by CJPC; 10-15-2010 at 04:56 PM Reason: Fixed broken video

Sponsored Links

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News