Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ness151 View Post
    really happy with the updates, this is a great port.

I noticed that when I started up EarthBound on the latest 480p build, that I couldn't get any dpad control out of it. Just want to confirm if anybody else is having this problem or not.
    Are you using 4.3.6?

If so, no, this definitely should not be happening. I can play it with D-pad controls just fine.

Did you start the ROM with the X (Cross) button, or with the Triangle button? Because if you did the latter, it's no wonder it will not work - enabling multitap on non-multitap compatible games causes problems.

But even loading it with the Triangle button (which sets up controller port 2 as the Multitap port), it still works with the D-pad button - although I'm skipping straight to a savestate.

So no, it should work with the D-pad.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm hitting X. It starts at the menu, I can't even move to load my game. Button input is pretty laggy as well. It seems that I have to tap the dpad pretty hard to even get the cursor to move, and this is with testing two different controllers. I may have to chalk this up to a bad rom. Maybe.

*EDIT* I should note that on previous releases, this was working 100%. I tried another rom (Super Mario Allstars+Super Mario World) and that one worked just fine.
    Last edited by ness151; 10-12-2010 at 11:45 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    'Button input is pretty laggy as well' -

I hope this is not due to the HDTV - postprocessing filter thing - again. Perhaps I should put up one of those disclaimer screens similar to what Backup Manager does before starting and implore everyone to turn off all postprocessing filters on their fancy HDTVs.

I can only go by what works here - I load the Earthbound ROM (the US one) - it works fine. D-pad works fine. No problems. It should be perfectly playable.

Monitor I'm using is an LG Flatron W2261V one that is normally intended for PCs but displays at 480p/720p/1080p just fine - no postprocessing filters here, and going by all the problems, I kinda like it that way I suppose.

Here's a nice guide for people: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 10-13-2010 at 12:15 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) with Built in Speakers is what I'm using.

I'm sorry I bothered, I'll just play EarthBound on my psp heh.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    This is covered in the README file - it most likely has to do with your TV's postprocessing filters.

I'm just wondering - when people play a game like Uncharted 2 with Motion Flow enabled on their Sony Bravia TV, who do they call to - to complain I mean? Naughty Dog, Sony, SCEA?

This is just great - the new generation of TVs and their fancy postprocessing filters make users seem to believe there's something wrong with your app.
    Thanks Square, i will try to select game mode on my reciever etc because my ps3 goes through my onkyo will let you know the results.

when i try to install this it gives me an error of 80029563.

Running phat ps3 with ps3break v1.1

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) with Built in Speakers is what I'm using.

I'm sorry I bothered, I'll just play EarthBound on my psp heh.
    The PSP ports don't run at fullspeed anywhere and have to resort to frameskipping. And none of them are using SNES9x 1.52, so you don't get blargg's sound core and therefore a good portion of the sound effects are totally wrong,

Quote Originally Posted by CordlezToaster View Post
    when i try to install this it gives me an error of 80029563.

Running phat ps3 with ps3break v1.1
    What firmware are you running?

I'm perfectly aware of the fact that we might have to recompile with the 1.92 SDK for all firmwares below 3.41. The next version will cover both bases (lesser than 3.41 and 3.41) - in the meantime, you have to recompile for yourself (instructions on how to compile with 1.92 SDK are in the README)
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 10-13-2010 at 09:52 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    The PSP ports don't run at fullspeed anywhere and have to resort to frameskipping. And none of them are using SNES9x 1.52, so you don't get blargg's sound core and therefore a good portion of the sound effects are totally wrong.
    Well, it's not like I can get any version of it to run on this emulator for ps3, so I'll just have to stick with what I can play it on.

Well, it's not like I can get any version of it to run on this emulator for ps3, so I'll just have to stick with what I can play it on.
    Not even sure what you're getting at mate - the reason why I might have sounded a little frustrated at your previous complaint about input lag is because I had just answered someone about that just before yours in this very same thread - and it's covered in the README anyway.

It's not my fault or the fault of the application - it's your HDTV/monitor's fault. You need to set it to Game Mode - or some other mode where all post-processing is disabled.

This happens also when people hook up their Neo-Geos to their HDTVs - same exact issue, and it happens with commercial PS3 games. So, in essence, what I'm saying is, if you want someone to blame for this, blame the manufacturer of your HDTV/monitor - it's out of my hands - nearly all HDTVs have input lag of some kind, but some are more tolerable than others, and most of the really bad input lag can be fixed most of the time.

Looks like all those people thinking switching to HDTVs was going to be an utopia because we no longer had to deal with NTSC/PAL discrepancies seemed to be totally backing the wrong horse - now we have to deal with postprocessing filters that give people the wrong assumption there is input lag in your application.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 10-13-2010 at 10:14 AM

HDTVs are great for watching movies, it's just that to achieve fake 120hz (or more) they have to delay the display in order to have two frames in memory to generate the image in between... it's not so apparent in new games (like god of war etc.) because the moves of the caracters on the screen are not direct (they have to give you time to push those 15 buttons to complete the combo...) however in high speed games like wipeout you'll find you suddenly have much better reflexes once those features are disabled...

It's even worse if you go through an audio receiver because it may do its own processing as well.

Add to this that some will do smoothing to remove compression artifacts from MPEG compression.

Once these features are disabled the experience is just like that of a computer LCD screen and much clearer than an old TV.

Squarepusher: You're so patient... I would have been way less polite than you a long time ago :-S most of the questions are answered in the README or the forum thread and people just don't know their equipment.

Sponsored Links
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News