Sponsored Links

Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great! can't wait new version

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by limnique View Post
    N64 is great, but first we need NES and SMD emulator.

squarepusher2, it's possible to port NES and SMD emulators?
    The best place to look would be zophar.net

Some of the emulators there are PPC based, I'm guessing that would make them easier to port?

There's also a PPC version of ScummVM.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Working on the clock to implement the changes by cmonkey69 guys.

Oh man, ScummVM would have been awesome.

But let's make one thing great first eh? No need for many broken projects laying around.

At first we need NES

SNES9x PS3 - Build 4.3.6 (w/ Source)

OK, had to make a few changes so that cmonkey's code would compile with 3.41 (well, actually only one or two changes) and so that it worked with the current trunk - did some other miscellaneous changes, but other than that, all the credit for the awesome new features belong to cmonkey69.

Therefore, this release will simply be called 'SNES9x PS3' from now on instead of 'SNES9x PS3 Square'.

I think eiz did us all a great favor with the initial version, and I still hope eiz will join us here - I will be happy to give him co-admin status and the whole lot.

But it's a travesty to currently have the initial version on all the major PS3 sites - as if that is the current state of development. The initial version by all accounts is terrible compared to the current one - nobody should have to bother with it anymore.

SNES9x PS3 - Build 4.3.6 (w/ Source)

CHANGELOG
    =========
    Build 4.3.6 (11-10-2010) - rev. number 61ecb6e1c9:
    --------------------------------------------------
    * Savestates implemented - press R3 + R2 to save, and R3 + L2 to load a savestate. You can change save state slots in the new Settings menu (see README) (cmonkey69)
    * Settings screen implemented (cmonkey69)
    * Some performance improvements noticeable due to switch to more recent SDK - Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius now has only a minor frame drop to 57fps on the character select screen but runs fine everywhere (at 60fps) everywhere else (at 480p)
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've been holding off on installing an emus until it's matured a bit... My question is does any of the recent releases allows for loading ROMS from a network connection? Is there any plans to do so?

Thanks and congrats on the great work you are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdmanPS3 View Post
    I've been holding off on installing an emus until it's matured a bit... My question is does any of the recent releases allows for loading ROMS from a network connection? Is there any plans to do so?

Thanks and congrats on the great work you are doing!
    Woaw you're asking for a lot there - I don't know whether Samba/SMB support is even provided by the SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Woaw you're asking for a lot there - I don't know whether Samba/SMB support is even provided by the SDK.
    Yeah, I suppose I am. It's just that my games/movies/everything is on my server and streaming from it just makes sense. In any case, I just wanted to know if something like this is being discussed or developed and whether or not it every gets implemented, I am still very grateful for whats been done up to now. Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdmanPS3 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose I am. It's just that my games/movies/everything is on my server and streaming from it just makes sense. In any case, I just wanted to know if something like this is being discussed or developed and whether or not it every gets implemented, I am still very grateful for whats been done up to now. Thanks for your time!
    I haven't seen any homebrew release at the moment that's talked about adding Samba/SMB support - though I suppose it's possible, it's kinda out of my league at the moment. More experienced coders might want to chime in and offer ways of implementing it.

Sponsored Links

Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News