Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBossPW View Post
    How stable is the current release?
    Stability is no longer the issue - all the 'crashing'/'loading' errors have been resolved. You can load/unload as many ROMs as you like, and it no longer gets stuck on 'green ROMs' (no, I didn't dream that up ).

So 4.3.5 is pretty much rock-solid stability wise - now onto replacing/improving all the stuff that needs to be improved, eg. savestates, better-looking ROM menu, perhaps a switch to PSGL, and so on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Stability is no longer the issue - all the 'crashing'/'loading' errors have been resolved. You can load/unload as many ROMs as you like, and it no longer gets stuck on 'green ROMs' (no, I didn't dream that up ).

So 4.3.5 is pretty much rock-solid stability wise - now onto replacing/improving all the stuff that needs to be improved, eg. savestates, better-looking ROM menu, perhaps a switch to PSGL, and so on.
    Ahh awesome, cheers for the reply.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It brings back memories of times that were happier for some reason. To be able to play on the ps3 super mario and stuff is amazing. Anyway I have been trying to remember this fightem up game that has 2 player coop but I cannot seem to remember. it was so fun throwing people in holes and you could either pick a fast/weak medium character or super strong but slow guy.

Squarepusher2, do you plan to eventually add streched support, and visual filter? sorry if this is not the place for this type of questions...

Great Job. The Only what is missing is a Standard path for the Roms like hdd0/snes.../Roms or usb0/Roms and the ability to save anywhere!

Squarepusher2

Thank you. Seriously, your dedicaion to this version of the Snes9X emu for the PS3 is fantastic. The next feature I believe needed would be save states, as once this is implemented, most people will be completely satisfied with what you have done.

Its VERY VERY stable... and I am not being paid to say this... I have loaded 50-60 roms one after another and played for a full day straight with only the occasion glitch in the sound or framerate which is understandable... I have seen similar issues on the Wii port.

Well done...

Now if you could let us all know what you will be looking at next? N64, Genesis, NES (should be easier than SNES) etc... Many thanks and I aplaud you in the continual updates and way you reply to people.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghorricks View Post
    Squarepusher2

Thank you. Seriously, your dedicaion to this version of the Snes9X emu for the PS3 is fantastic. The next feature I believe needed would be save states, as once this is implemented, most people will be completely satisfied with what you have done.

Its VERY VERY stable... and I am not being paid to say this... I have loaded 50-60 roms one after another and played for a full day straight with only the occasion glitch in the sound or framerate which is understandable... I have seen similar issues on the Wii port.
    Just for the record - it will make a huge difference if you're running in 480p mode (there's not much point to 720p mode at the moment) - that, and I've noticed that compiling it with SDK 3.41 seems to do something for the performance, because the sound pops in Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius are hugely improved - and StarFox/StarFox 2 as well. You'll still notice it with Star Fox 2 - whenever it renders a text/message dialog on top of the game screen, you will hear a slight sound pop - but it's far less bad than 4.3.5 which was compiled with 1.92.

The funny thing is - Stunt Race FX (another Super FX game) runs perfectly - 60fps, no sound pops, nothing - even at 720p. Star Fox you get the frequent sound pop at 720p and Vortex is even worse, while Doom (SuperFX2 game) seems to fare well. I also noticed a bug in Stunt Race FX - before you begin the main race, the dialog screen that pops up is all garbled. So it looks like there are still bugs in SNES9x's SuperFX code.

With regards to the savestates, now with the new compiler it finally explains why the savestate saving/loading causes it to crash - S9xFreezeFromStruct and S9xUnFreezeFromStruct are two functions that the new SDK refuses to compile - I'm going to make a post on the SNES9x Development forums with further details and ask them what changes I would need to make to snapshot.cpp in order to get this working, because this is way out of my league to be screwing around in SNES9x's main code - imagine what I could break .
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 10-10-2010 at 04:24 PM

So is Squarepusher's v4.3.5 "the one to get" for Snes emulation on PS3?

I think I'm running the 4.3 build or 1.03 Alex mod at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post
    So is Squarepusher's v4.3.5 "the one to get" for Snes emulation on PS3?

I think I'm running the 4.3 build or 1.03 Alex mod at the minute.
    Best to get Squarepusher's builds!... they are more updated and stable.

isn't 720p meant to be widecreen? be great if you can stretch the picture.

Sponsored Links
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News