Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice emu. i also have problems with green roms causing crash. nothing can be done then.
    i hope this gets fixed.

another question : does this emu includes PAL FIX 50hz.
    there is a emu that has this fix from alex but that emu does not have any other features like returning to rom list etc.
    is there a possibility integrating a switch for pal ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Unfortunately the sorting fix, while fixing the previous bug (the bogus is_dir values) now seems to have created another bug in that certain ROM filenames don't show up in the menu at all.

I have e-mailed cmonkey69 with some of my own ideas as to how to tackle this problem - hopefully he will be able to conjure up a quick-fix solution.

More details are provided in the mail I sent to cmonkey69.
    Doh! My mistake - I screwed something up - have fixed it now - cmonkey's patch worked correctly as it should.

So cmonkey -please ignore the mail I sent you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    squarepusher2, how about save states?

Quote Originally Posted by limnique View Post
    squarepusher2, how about save states?
    Tried to implement it - crashed it horribly - I posted details on the other forum - if somebody can help me with that, I would appreciate it.

Looks to have something to do with the libc-method of opening files that SNES9x relies upon -

Let's put this out there so other developers can chime in and perhaps comment on what I am doing wrong:

First we give Snes9x two button mappings for saving (in cell.cpp):

[Register or Login to view code]

Then we go to the main input loop (read_pad) and insert the following in there:

So you can see that at the moment I had mapped it to L2 and R2 for simple convenience and testing's sake. Now, the way this works is, if you trigger this Snes9x command 'QuickSave010', it goes to controls.cpp (specifically this code snippet:

controls.cpp

_splitpath and _makepath are function calls provided by SNES9x.

From there you can see it makes a call to S9xFreezeGame - this is a function call that is in snapshot.cpp.

snapshot.cpp

Alright, so then S9xFreezeGame makes a function call to S9xOpenSnapshotFile (which, of course, we, as porters, have to implement). So since it already splits/makes the correct filename path while inside controls.cpp, I don't think I have to do this again in my implementation of S9xOpenSnapshotFile.

This is basically what I thought should work (in cell.cpp):

cell.cpp

This causes it to crash each and every time I trigger the 'QuickSave' command. I also tried out another variant on this - basically doing the _splitpath stuff first. You can see an example of what I based it on if you go to this page:

[Register or Login to view links]

Perhaps I need to use libFS' streaming methods for the job instead of going with the standard C++ stuff? (OPEN_STREAM is a SNES9x shorthand to fopen IIRC)

Is it possible to force the app to read the folder "Roms " from : /dev_hdd0/game/SNES90000/USRDIR/ROMS

Or on the futur release ,just add a ROMS folder on USRDIR like BUM

It will be more easy, cause we have to search each time the the rom place.

I don't know if it is possible but do you think you can also make a N64 emulator? Don't know if you need the source code of something else but it would be VERY nice

@squarepusher2 - As always keep up the good work!!!

+REP

I took a quick look through your coding, and with the EXTREMELY limited coding knowledge I have, I really couldn't see any errors that would cause a crash. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try the LibFS approach just for trial and error if nothing else.

Thanks for your continuing support and hopefully this will ease everyone yammering on about the... state... of savestates if you will. haha

Alright, new version. I made this somewhat substantial so it isn't just a 'fix green ROM loading/crashing bug', as stupid as that bug descriptor actually sounds

Build 4.3.5 (8-10-2010):
    ------------------------
    * Fixed the 'green ROM' loading/crashing bug - it was due to a mistake made when 'sorting' the file names inside a directory - the variable array that checked if a file was a directory was not updated. Credit goes to cmonkey69 for fixing his own code
    * Moved all display code into its own file - celldisplay.cpp / celldisplayutil.h
    * Upgraded to latest SNES9x - git repository: [Register or Login to view links]
    - Contains the following patches/improvements:
    - Cx4 improvement (Mega Man X2) - [Register or Login to view links]
    - Fix Dual Orb 2 sound glitch (byuu)
    - Updated to latest WIP
    - Improvements noticed by myself (mostly APU related):
    - Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius - far better performance - far less sound pops (this was one of the few games except for SuperFX ones that did not run perfectly)
    - Star Fox/Star Fox 2 have far less sound pops (though still there)
    - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - the spots where framerate dips and sound pops could be noticed have also been improved
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    I don't know if it is possible but do you think you can also make a N64 emulator? Don't know if you need the source code of something else but it would be VERY nice
    N64 emulators are in a pretty lousy state portability-wise. That, and nearly all of them don't have the same level of accuracy and compatibility that SNES9x and bSNES have for SNES.

I guess a start would be to port 1964 to Linux/MacOSX/ppc. You could then use that with Rice's Video plugin (which is open-source) and you'd have a pretty decent N64 emulator. However, the problem is that 1964 at the moment is x86 - so yeah, someone would have to do the legwork to port it to non-x86 architectures. I don't have the skills to do that.

Sponsored Links
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News