Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by limnique View Post
    Unfortunately, no. In fact this is last function in "to do" list, i think, except interface things, like better font, emu menu and etc.
    Funny thing that happened: Today when i was about to start playing Mario, a save appeared on the game. The name was "o" and when i press X to play, it load the game directly to the map with no intro like it usually does.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This fixes the issue where roms could be interpreted as directories and vice versa after they'd been quicksorted. It's built on top of version 4.3.4. I've also included the ability to prefix each entry in the list with a 'D' or 'F' to indicate either directory or file, this can easily be commented out if you don't like it.

Seems to work OK for me, I've got a mixture of roms and directories in the same directory and the roms launch as they should and the directories can be entered. Maybe someone can give it a test and let me know if there are any further problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonkey69 View Post
    This fixes the issue where roms could be interpreted as directories and vice versa after they'd been quicksorted. It's built on top of version 4.3.4. I've also included the ability to prefix each entry in the list with a 'D' or 'F' to indicate either directory or file, this can easily be commented out if you don't like it.

Seems to work OK for me, I've got a mixture of roms and directories in the same directory and the roms launch as they should and the directories can be entered. Maybe someone can give it a test and let me know if there are any further problems.
    Thanks for the fix cmonkey69 - I was working on this myself but I had some trouble getting the comparison function that I fed into qsort to work properly with a struct - the function you use now for sorting looks a whole lot more complex than the one I was about to use but overall I think the code is cleaner and better overall.

Should I put out a new release and give you proper credits for it with just this one fix?

First, thanks to squarepusher2 for his awesome work.

Are you planning on implementing some filters like hq4x ?

Quote Originally Posted by fylzz View Post
    First, thanks to squarepusher2 for his awesome work.

Are you planning on implementing some filters like hq4x ?
    Better that we use a CG fragment shader that does basically the same thing as HQ4x, as I gather it will come at zero cost vs. having SNES9x apply the filter instead.

According to a couple of guys on byuu's bSNES boards, there are already HQ2X shaders available - wonder if they come in Nvidia CG format.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Should I put out a new release and give you proper credits for it with just this one fix?
    It's not worth putting out a new release for this tiny fix. I'm just happy that it's working again. I guess if people want it fixed that badly they can d/l the source file that I posted and recompile themselves (that is of course presuming they've got access to the necessary tools to compile it with!).

I'm not bothered about any credit for it either, I'm not that kind of person. I'm just happy knowing that I've contributed a tiny little bit to an amazing emulator. The 2 hours effort I've put in pails into insignificance compared to the hours that you and eiz must have put in to get it this far.

Cheers

Those of us that don't have the necessary tools would indeed appreciate an updated release Hopefully this fix could get my Zelda rom working off of internal hdd again.

where do you put the roms on your internal hdd.. like what is the directory?

Quote Originally Posted by ezdish View Post
    where do you put the roms on your internal hdd.. like what is the directory?
    It doesn't matter, you can browse all the hdd from the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr33m4n View Post
    Those of us that don't have the necessary tools would indeed appreciate an updated release Hopefully this fix could get my Zelda rom working off of internal hdd again.
    Unfortunately the sorting fix, while fixing the previous bug (the bogus is_dir values) now seems to have created another bug in that certain ROM filenames don't show up in the menu at all.

I have e-mailed cmonkey69 with some of my own ideas as to how to tackle this problem - hopefully he will be able to conjure up a quick-fix solution.

More details are provided in the mail I sent to cmonkey69.

Sponsored Links
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News