Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by stircrazie23 View Post
    super job on the snes emulator, keep up with the great work! i just had a couple of questions. is there a way to make the screen wider. its seem more narrow than wide. basically full screen.
    No, as of yet there is no way - and yes it will appear narrower at 720p than 480p. As it is, I don't see much point at the moment for 720p other than people who ABSOLUTELY need it output at that resolution because their telly/monitor prefers that kind of output as opposed to 480p.

the fonts size is a bit small to read and is too close the left of the screen where the first letter gets cut off. is there a way i could edit it to fix it myself? thank you.
    You could try by taking a long hard look at the functions rom_menu and debugOutStr in cell.cpp, but I doubt whether you should even bother - I'm going to replace all this stuff eventually - and sooner rather than later.

It won't be an issue for much longer. In the meantime, the font size is tolerable at 480p mode.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    super job on the snes emulator, keep up with the great work! i just had a couple of questions. is there a way to make the screen wider. its seem more narrow than wide. basically full screen.

the fonts size is a bit small to read and is too close the left of the screen where the first letter gets cut off. is there a way i could edit it to fix it myself? thank you.
    I'm not a coder or expert on the matter by any means... however- clicking a page back in this thread you would see:
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Everything else is secondary now to getting rid of the crashing bug that occurs after loading more than one ROM by making use of the Quit ROM function.
    I'm not trying to be mean but just try and do a little reading first? And I'm not attacking you personally, there's been a few others who keep asking for the exact same things even after squarepusher2's post.

Sponsored Links

input lag...

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Mennelol View Post
    Same problem for me.. tried all versions.
    Are the TVs of those experiencing input lag doing some kind of post processing to the image (or their audio receiver)... I had this issue with my actual Neo-Geo, until I disabled de-interlacing and image smoothing algorithm, also your TV might have a "game mode" which attempts to reduce latency even more.

Now the latency you experience may be more pronounced than what I experienced.. I have not received my key yet :-S

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    No, as of yet there is no way - and yes it will appear narrower at 720p than 480p. As it is, I don't see much point at the moment for 720p other than people who ABSOLUTELY need it output at that resolution because their telly/monitor prefers that kind of output as opposed to 480p.

You could try by taking a long hard look at the functions rom_menu and debugOutStr in cell.cpp, but I doubt whether you should even bother - I'm going to replace all this stuff eventually - and sooner rather than later.

It won't be an issue for much longer. In the meantime, the font size is tolerable at 480p mode.
    Thanks for clearing that up - I assumed 720p was somehow better but found 480p to look much better. Also, thanks for your contribution to the scene!

Quote Originally Posted by dava007 View Post
    [...] also your TV might have a "game mode" which attempts to reduce latency even more.
    You've been right! I changed my TV to gamemode and it works well now..

Quote Originally Posted by Mennelol View Post
    You've been right! I changed my TV to gamemode and it works well now..
    Nice, actually this tip came from a relative who works at UBISoft :-)

Hi Squarepusher,

just wanted to say thank you so much for all the work you've done on this emulator.

The analog stick implementation feels absolutely perfect when playing games. Testing it out on Zelda right now. Also the ability to scroll fast with it in the rom selection screen is quite nice.

SNES9x PS3 - Square - Build 4.3.3 (w/ Source)

SNES9x PS3 - Square - Build 4.3.3 (With Source)
    CHANGELOG
    =========
    Build 4.3.3 (2-10-2010):
    ------------------------
    * Multitap support. Start a ROM with the Triangle button inside the ROM browser menu.
    - This works on all controllers - PS3/USB joypads - you name it. You can hotswap them on the fly - you don't have to have them all inserted at the start of the game - you can insert them later and it will instantly recognize the second/third/fourth pad as that controller
    * Changed SoundInputRate from 31942 to 31960 - I heard a lot of static/distortion with games like Demon's Crest and Super Metroid at 31942, and 31960 seems to be a huge improvement to that end. 31942 was a SoundInputRate that I had decided upon back when the emulator was still
    running at a 60Hz refresh rate instead of 59.94Hz - now that we're at 59.94Hz, we can increase the SoundInputRate and get better sound/video synchronization overall. Might increase this even more in the future - have to do some more tests.
    - In any case, as a result of changing this, most games should have improved sound now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very cool. I'll have to try this right away. thx for the update.

To the guy who said he experienced some framerate dips in Yoshi's Island - try it again with 4.3.3 at 480p mode.

Also a very nice side effect of me changing the SoundInputRate from 31942 to 31960 - all of the previously noticed frame dips/sound skips in Yoshi's Island are gone at 480p mode. The only one that still remains is at 1-7 (Touch Fuzzy Stay Dizzy) when you touch one of these fuzzies and the game goes into its LSD mode effect - but even the performance there has improved a lot.

Also, Star Fox (a SuperFX 1 game) plays much better now at 480p mode, though there are still sound skips. Think I'm going to fiddle with this input rate some more - push it even higher - see where it gets us.

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News