Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here's a quick icon0.png for use with this emulator if anyone fancies using it
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Snes9x.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey great emulator by the way mate. Works perfect from int drive.

Only thing i don't like is the cropped screen, dosent look good on a 40" lcd.

But still it think its great homebrew mate thx
    Last edited by sheeks; 09-30-2010 at 07:32 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Everything seems to work with the limited number of games that I have tried using the 720p build. Thank you for all your work!

One small request for future revisions, on my tv for whatever reason the menu is actually cutoff on the left side so I can only see the ends of filenames. Also the text is very small and difficult to see from the couch. Perhaps centering the menus and bumping up the text might make it easier to navigate.

i love SNES games.so now i'm really happy about this emulator. WOOHOO!!!

squarepusher2 - keep up the great work.

I tried Super Mario World and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Both worked fine but there is controller input lag. Mario was hard to play because timing jumps on moving enemies is difficult when the actions are lagging.

The ROM selection list is also EXTREMELY small. I was using a 46" Plasma TV and it was a little difficult to read the very small list. I'd suggest making the font a good bit larger to make it easier to read.

It doesn't read ROMs if they are in .zip format. You need to extract the .smc file and use that. SNES games are usually smaller than an average MP3 song, so .zip support is not a big issue in my opinion. I FTP'd my games to the internal HDD so I wouldn't need to plug in a USB device, and it worked fine.

Excellent work so far. I think it could use some more performance tweaks and it will work perfectly.

OK, the current build I'm working with is far too unstable to release, so instead I have backported all of the improvements I've made to the last stable build I had (4.3.1) - thus this becomes 4.3.2.

There is now a README file and a CHANGELOG file attached to it - sabin1981 will still be left out in the cold by this release since his monitor/TV doesn't support 59.94Hz - but don't worry, I will send him a custom build instead that doesn't run at 59.94Hz. I don't recommend this for anyone else though - if your monitor supports 59.94Hz, absolutely use it because it will give you the best performance (compared to 60Hz).

I will probably do some video output/refresh rate detection and then decide from there which refresh rate to choose - giving preference to 59.94Hz whenever possible.

SNES9x PS3 Squarepusher Build 4.3.2 (With source)

[Register or Login to view code]

BTW - I don't really get the 'input lag' complaints - never really noticed anything wrong with it. But if anything, do try out the latest release because as I said, the input code is totally rewritten and it will now pass the for loop for as many controllers as are currently connected.

Previously this 'read_pad' loop would always do two passes because of an incorrect assumption that for every clock cycle/frame rendered, you should check for two controller inputs - when it makes far more sense to first quickly check how many controllers are connected and then do the loop according to that.

Here is the new 'read_pad' function:

void read_pad () {
    uint8_t pads_connected = cellPadUtilNumberPadsConnected();
    for (uint8_t i = 0; i < pads_connected; ++i) {
    if (cellPadUtilUpdate(i))
    {
    uint8_t pad_id = i + 1;
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_A), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_CIRCLE)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_B), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_CROSS)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_X), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_TRIANGLE)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_Y), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_SQUARE)));

S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_SELECT), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_SELECT)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_START), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_START)));

S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_L), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_L1)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_R), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_R1)));

S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_UP), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_UP) | cellPadUtilAnalogPressedUp(i,CTRL_LSTICK)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_DOWN), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_DOWN) | cellPadUtilAnalogPressedDown(i,CTRL_LSTICK)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_LEFT), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_LEFT) | cellPadUtilAnalogPressedLeft(i,CTRL_LSTICK)));
    S9xReportButton(MAKE_BUTTON(pad_id, BTN_RIGHT), (cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_RIGHT) | cellPadUtilAnalogPressedRight(i,CTRL_LSTICK)));
    if(cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_R3) && cellPadUtilButtonPressed(i,CTRL_L3))
    {
    is_running = false;
    rom_loaded_count++;
    if(rom_loaded_count == 4)
    {
    mode_switch = 3;
    }
    else
    {
    mode_switch = 0;
    }
    }

}
    }
    }
    Attached Files Attached Files

lag

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    I tried Super Mario World and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Both worked fine but there is controller input lag. Mario was hard to play because timing jumps on moving enemies is difficult when the actions are lagging.
    Same problem for me.. tried all versions.

Is anyone else getting a very distorted picture with the 720p version? The display is much too narrow - It almost seems taller than it is wide. 480p version looks much better - What am I missing?

super job on the snes emulator, keep up with the great work! i just had a couple of questions. is there a way to make the screen wider. its seem more narrow than wide. basically full screen.

the fonts size is a bit small to read and is too close the left of the screen where the first letter gets cut off. is there a way i could edit it to fix it myself? thank you.

Sponsored Links

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News