OK, the current build I'm working with is far too unstable to release, so instead I have backported all of the improvements I've made to the last stable build I had (4.3.1) - thus this becomes 4.3.2.
There is now a README file and a CHANGELOG file attached to it - sabin1981 will still be left out in the cold by this release since his monitor/TV doesn't support 59.94Hz - but don't worry, I will send him a custom build instead that doesn't run at 59.94Hz. I don't recommend this for anyone else though - if your monitor supports 59.94Hz, absolutely use it because it will give you the best performance (compared to 60Hz).
I will probably do some video output/refresh rate detection and then decide from there which refresh rate to choose - giving preference to 59.94Hz whenever possible.
SNES9x PS3 Squarepusher Build 4.3.2 (With source)
BTW - I don't really get the 'input lag' complaints - never really noticed anything wrong with it. But if anything, do try out the latest release because as I said, the input code is totally rewritten and it will now pass the for loop for as many controllers as are currently connected.
Build 4.3.2 (1-10-2010):
* Totally rewritten controller/input code (check cellpad.cpp/cellpadutil.h). Theoretically, input lag should be less now since the read_pad loop was previously hardcoded to do a pass at least two times - now it will check how many controllers are actually connected. So for instance, if only one controller is connected, it will only go through this loop where it checks for button input one time instead of twice - thus reducing clock cycles.
Also there are now function calls available such as cellPadUtilButtonPressed and cellPadUtilButtonReleased, which could be used in various ways.
* The left analog stick is now mapped to the directional pad.
* The left analog stick now works at the ROM browser menu and is a lot faster than the D-pad - so use this for browsing in case you have a big ROM list and the D-pad takes a while to browse through it.
* Files in ROM directories are now alphabetically sorted (cmonkey69)
* ROM browser will return to the last entered directory after quitting ROM
* 'Quit ROM' shortcut changed to R3+L3
* The 480p build in the last version (4.3.1) did not output at 480p but at
576p, because the 576p mode was ticked in the PARAM.SFO. The 480p build will
now display at 480p like it's supposed to.
* Removed the 'Load PAL ROM' option by pressing Triangle at the ROM browser
menu since it serves no purpose at the moment and doesn't do what it's supposed
Previously this 'read_pad' loop would always do two passes because of an incorrect assumption that for every clock cycle/frame rendered, you should check for two controller inputs - when it makes far more sense to first quickly check how many controllers are connected and then do the loop according to that.
Here is the new 'read_pad' function: