Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Godinster View Post
    How do you uninstall a copy of SNES9x? I am trying to install 720p and it says I already have current version even though 720p is newer.
    just delete it.. on xmb press triangle and then select delete.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How do you uninstall a copy of SNES9x? I am trying to install 720p and it says I already have current version even though 720p is newer.
    Rather than deleting, you can just click "yes" to overwrite and it'll install the new one--I think the sfo file wasn't edited to say the new version. It still outputs beautiful goombas in 720p

On a side note... this thread has sorta died the past couple of days.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You actually made me ponder something there - the reason why it does that is because I haven't yet bothered to change the version number in package.conf everytime I do another compilation and package build. I will do that in the future, then it will no longer say that the current version is already installed, and should update without complaining.

Great job squarepusher2, love the 720p version, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by austindriver13 View Post

On a side note... this thread has sorta died the past couple of days.
    Progress has been made behind the scenes...

* Analog control is now working - left stick mapped to the D-pad - you're able to use the D-pad AND the left analog stick for control

But I'm still trying to find out why the hell it crashes after quitting the ROM and restarting - lacking proper debugging tools, this is a real ***** to get right. This (and getting analog working) has been pretty much my main occupation these past two days. Analog is now in, but after quitting a ROM and then selecting a new ROM - every so often - it will still crash - especially after you have played the previous game for longer than 10 minutes or so.

So I can't release it in this condition - unless you people want me to include something in there so it will automatically exit after having loaded the first ROM - which I don't see much point in doing.

I also need to go on the SNES9x forums and ask them if I am perhaps not properly deinitializing SNES9x itself - because right now, I'm not sure whether this ROM crashing bug is due to -

1) Inproper deallocation of memory/pointers in the PS3-specific code
    2) Inproper deinitialization of SNES9x itself
    3) Inproper deinitialization of sound server / graphics library / whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    * Analog control is now working - left stick mapped to the D-pad - you're able to use the D-pad AND the left analog stick for control
    Sounds awesome, I look forward to every new release.

THANKS!

Progress has been made behind the scenes...
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'd assumed that since you were turning out updates so frequently before, you were gonna put your nose to the grindstone and pump out something awesome.

Thanks again for your contributions though--I'd have to say this is by far the best, and most maintained Homebrew project for the ps3 thus far.

Awesome! Can't wait!

I'm really pleased with the progress, especially with the addition of 720p support, but I must ask is there any possibility of adding some sort of ability to toggle a stretch to fullscreen option? That would be awesome. I have no idea what sort of coding that would require, but a stretch to fit is always a must for me. Black bars are bad for LCD HDTV sets.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamwfan View Post
    I'm really pleased with the progress, especially with the addition of 720p support, but I must ask is there any possibility of adding some sort of ability to toggle a stretch to fullscreen option? That would be awesome. I have no idea what sort of coding that would require, but a stretch to fit is always a must for me. Black bars are bad for LCD HDTV sets.
    Everything else is secondary now to getting rid of the crashing bug that occurs after loading more than one ROM by making use of the Quit ROM function.

I've also tracked where it hangs every time, BTW - it's at Memory.LoadROM (a SNES9x function to load a ROM) - it does this after having played the first ROM for more than 10/20 minutes, then quitting back to the ROM browser menu and reinserting another ROM.

I've tried all kinds of different possibilities - deinitializing Snes9x, deinitializing Snes9x AND the audio server of the PS3 AND everything I could think of, NOT deinitializing anything and letting everything stay in memory (the audio server, Snes9x) - it keeps locking up AFTER I have loaded the first ROM into the emulator, playing for longer than 10 minutes, then me quitting the game through a button shortcut and selecting another ROM to load. It will then hang at Memory.LoadROM().

Perhaps byuu is lurking around here - since you have contributed to SNES9x you must be aware of its overall structure - when I look at unix/unix.cpp and take a look at the specific UNIX implementation of SNES9x, I get the sense that the way SNES9x works is by basically staying resident in memory all the time while the UI (GTK/Qt/whatever) basically keeps feeding it ROM images or anything it wants to for example.

I don't get the sense that after resetting a ROM or unloading a ROM, they deinitialize the entire emulator and then re-initialize everything again after loading another ROM. SNES9x only triggers S9xExit at the debugger's request or when really exiting the entire emulator. Am I correct in that assumption, and if so, if SNES9x has to remain resident in memory all the time, then that means that this is obviously going to create memory problems if I actually want to create a bSNES/SNES9x combo emulator in the future.

Sponsored Links
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News