Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by zeromx View Post
    Here is a video i made earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by zeromx View Post
    Here is another video i made with the new r2 version.
    Thanks zeromx and +Rep, I have added them to the first post now as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can you please switch from snes9x to bsnes (byuu.org/bsnes)? snes9x is an older emulator from the 90s and is about 95% compatible while bsnes is 99.9. There's really no reason to port snes9x over it these days, you're just incurring occasional bugs for yourself that the original system never had.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks man. works wonderful. i love playing oldscool games.

Quote Originally Posted by HungryManDinner View Post
    Can you please switch from snes9x to bsnes (byuu.org/bsnes)? snes9x is an older emulator from the 90s and is about 95% compatible while bsnes is 99.9. There's really no reason to port snes9x over it these days, you're just incurring occasional bugs for yourself that the original system never had.
    Snes9x v1.52 is pretty good - even byuu (bsnes creator) approves of it. You should not let your opinions be clouded by a hopelessly outdated version from 2006 or so - the latest one released on February 2010 is lightyears ahead of the previous versions.

Furthermore, most of bsnes's portions are now being ported to SNES9x - for instance, they replaced the sound APU in version 1.52 with the one from bSNES, so sound is far superior now compared to previous versions.

Furthermore, there are still a couple of reasons for going with SNES9x over bSNES at the moment:

1) Snes9x is still by far faster
    2) Looking on byuu's forum, people with ppc systems are still having a lot of problems compiling bsnes for ppc. So, given that PS3 is a PPC-based system, there's no telling how easy or hard a port is going to be. SNES9x, on the other hand, pretty much works - and porting it is very easy.

In any case, even though bSNES version 0.68.1 has countless speed improvements over the other versions, it's still doubtful that it's going to run SuperFX2 games at 60fps like SNES9x does on PS3 at the moment.

So, it's pretty much a given that bSNES is going to be a hell of a lot slower than SNES9x - which might be even more of a problem if we go beyond 480p resolutions.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 09-19-2010 at 05:11 PM

That's strange, since installing R2 I'm unable to load ROMs from the internal HDD. I get the error "load rom failed". This didn't used to happen in the first version.

EDIT: Not even working on external now, is it something to do with me just copying over 700 more ROMs? Now none of them load, not even the ones that were before.

Is there a limit to how many you can have in any 1 directory?

I get the error "load rom failed".
    Last edited by djhazardous; 09-19-2010 at 05:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have 852 roms in a folder in one usb stick and they load just fine with r2, so it shouldn't be a rom number problem...

Just found out it was an error made in Comgenie's file manager. Somehow when I copied the ROMs folder to the internal drive they went through as 0kb files.

Looks like I'm going to have to download them all again.

To eiz: the sound crackling might not even be your fault per se or that of the library you're using for sound, but rather SNES9x itself.

Look at all these threads with people having problems with audio crackling on version 1.52 - something to do with the SoundInputRate. Something to do with the new APU core they've implemented being really finicky about the sound input rate.

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]

Some people have reported success changing this to an ideal value somewhere between 31000 - 32000.

So far, I've recompiled the thing trying the following settings:

Code:
    Settings.SoundInputRate = 32000
    Settings.SoundInputRate = 31968
    Settings.SoundInputRate = 31900
    Settings.SoundInputRate = 31950
    Settings.SoundInputRate = 31894
    Settings.soundInputRate = 31984
    This did seem to have an effect on the crackling, but it did not remove it. I'm about to try 31000 now.

Is Settings. SoundSync normally true by default? I've just added it to cell.cpp and set it to TRUE just to be sure.

Another thread to check out on the sound issue - the people that ported SNES9x to the Gamecube/Wii had problems with this exact issue too: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by squarepusher2; 09-19-2010 at 06:54 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can confirm running ROMs from the internal HDD removes the majority of audio skipping.

Arrow

Attached is a "fix" from Alex793 which is supposed to address the following issues if anyone wants to give it a try:
    • PAL now run @ 60HZ
    • NTSC now run @60HZ
    • SRAM fixed
    • Sound lags seem fixed also
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News