Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry can you tell me were I should insert this code? make_package_npdrm smallloader.conf PS3_GAME / Can one of you tell me how to do that please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why you try to insert this some where?

Do you know what you doing?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I should type that code in the CMD of windows or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz View Post
    so is it to my understanding that to get a PS3 game installed under the game list in the XMB you would have to recompile another PKG file for each ps3 game, moving all its contents into the pkg file..?
    Nope - not the whole content - just the the icon and background (and the Title of the game indeed + ID) - you're basically creating a customized shortcut on your XMB - at the moment manually for each game but hopefully some (semi-)automated tool (either PC or even PS3 side based) could be created soon to simplify the whole process

so is the ps3 booting the PS3 games from the XMB directly like a PSN game does..?
    or is the SmallLoader or XMBoot app required to be loaded 1st or something before you can launch you PS3 game from the XMB..?

Ok updated my PKG Tool and now Jurai2s XMBoot is included.

Dont forget to edit the main.cpp to add the path to your game on internal or external hdd.

Download: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post317829

How to use: Just run the tool and press 10 for Jurai2s XMBoot

Press 1 to copy game files to the working dir

2 for editing the sfo file and set the game to HDD Boot game and edit the Title ID to a unique one.

After that press 3 for generating the package.conf (i have changed it for my app to xmbootpkg.conf)

Press 4 for editing the main.cpp and set the path to your game on internal or external hdd and set if you want to quick boot it and if you want to use the hermes fix (for next update i will try to do that without opening the main.cpp)

At last 5 to generate the Custom Game Package

Now you have a instalable pkg file wich will be displayed in your ps3s game category like demos or arcade games.

NOTE: This doesnt generate FULL game pkgs !! They only have the banner, icon and sound files from your game.The eboot.bin is a kind of Forwarder and contains a small bootloader that knows where your game on the hdd will be stored and boot it normal or quick and with or without the new Hermes fix.

Al credits for XMBoot goes to Jurai2.

-Have Fun-

cfwprpht

Quote Originally Posted by gekosdj View Post
    I should type that code in the CMD of windows or not?
    dude that command is to compile it from the leaked sdk. If you're asking that you shouldn't be using this. But, just to answer your question that should be put into the MSYS console while in the root of the smallloader folder. There are plenty of guides on how to setup the sdk in either linux or windows.

Oh btw this tool is awesome! Direct booting into demon's souls with one button

This is great - just need one point clarifying...

So, I create a shortcut package using my original game's .SFO, titleID, Name etc - does this mean that I i then run the shortcut and subsiquently the game that the PS3 thinks that THIS GameID is running (as opposed to the BM where it thinks eg LAUN12345 "Backup Manager" is running)

i.e. Does this mean that if we were able to get PSN access back again that the PSN servers would think we're running the legitimate game as opposed to the backup manager?

Not really that helpful at the moment since you must be on a higher firmware to access PSN - but can't help thinking that EVENTUALLY that's going to get hacked again too! lol

PSPSwampy.

This is pretty cool, now we might see some PS3 games released with a pre-packaged .pkg that will install the shortcut for the game.

Zouzz have released an auto pkg creator for SmallLoader (gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=244459)

Download: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=22234

You need to install MSYS environnement and add make_package_npdrm.exe. You can change icon0.png by one of your choice.

How to:

In a folder ,copy the PS3_GAME from your game, SmallLoader Configuratatator.exe and make_package_npdrm.exe. And just click "Compiler en pkg " and it's finish. You can now copy this pkg on your ps3 via usb or ftp, and install it . You will see the game icon like when you install a demo.pkg on your xmb, click it, it's your game

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

released.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News