Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    Thought it'd be highly possible since we have registry access now, maybe copying the file over to a retail would give us those debug options ;]

however I've never had a ps3 debug/tool in my hands to know, maybe it's padded differently.

Thoughts?
    Whoa... great idea... just make sure all the supporting files exist on the retail hdd.

Doesn't seem logical that the files for debug would be same on retail hdd.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that came to mind as well, we could in theory just unpack one of the debug pkgs, using the ps3 itself with an SDK and extract required files.

however that's just a concept yet to be tested. I wish I had the tools to do it but I'd need hours upon hours to learn all those api calls and such.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    that came to mind as well, we could in theory just unpack one of the debug pkgs, using the ps3 itself with an SDK and extract required files.

however that's just a concept yet to be tested. I wish I had the tools to do it but I'd need hours upon hours to learn all those api calls and such.
    how about a semi debug, one where you do the hdd swap trick, and get the menus but not working, possible to make em work by adjusting reg maybe?

I have been doing some research and I've found out how to mount specific directories '/dev_flash/' as another location '/dev_usb001/'.

To do this, I have modified the jailbreak code '/dev_bdvd/' into '/dev_flash/'.

I then needed to execute the mount, I written a small piece of code to do this. Unfortunately... when mounting '/dev_flash/' while the PS3 is running (bad idea), the PS3 goes into its recovery mode "Connect a controller and press the PS button".

I have also tryed this with '/dev_flash2/'... same result.

So we need to execute the mount BEFORE the PS3 is using them.
    Last edited by Gunner54; 09-11-2010 at 06:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

isn't the ps3 doing that to disconnect any files that are about to get configure, if you understand what i mean, like an behavior to have as few files as possible locked, i'm eager to test with my ps3 dont have the hardware still

just a thought, no idea actually.
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-11-2010 at 06:24 AM

Well, It wants me to install 3.41 AGAIN. Now... I don't want to brick my PS3. So It would probably start flashing thing's I don't want it too. Also, after the PS3 gets reset, the mount gets disabled again, so you have to then re-mount by executing the code again.
    Last edited by Gunner54; 09-11-2010 at 06:29 AM

can't you boot it normal? well who would imo.. yea thats true, are you on 3.41?

Yes I'm on 3.41, because it think's the flash is corrupted it want's me to re-install 3.41.

have you tried recovery menu?

Hey guys, just found cool pics from dev_flash\vsh\resource\sysconf\calibration
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News