Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlc View Post
    Not needed if have control on Host System (on HV-level).

0:HV-level Linux like a Host System.
    1 VM1: XMBemu
    2:VM2: PSNemu

Virtual net on 1 PS3 unit))))

In PSNemu (VM2) load PKG from torrents)))

my imho:

diff's USB-stick CFW load and "ps3SB".

With USB-exploit on a 3.41 we have that ability. After FW update we not have access to ps3 fs with that tool.
    If CFW boot from flash-drive with redirect sysPATH (dev_flash% => dev_sda). Next $ony update easy fix that.
    but the games do not contain the software for matchmaking/other online services these are stored on the server themselves the ps3 mearly accesses them... as far as i know psn is still ran off of a server not internaly on your ps3... i belive what you speak of is the program that accesses the server not a server program itself... as soon as i can find a compatible board to run the expoit ill do more investigation

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    No in all reality custom firmware would probably block sony FW updates, but not allow access to PSN services to avoid console bans...
    Sony can see what our firmware is? I thought they could only see if you weren't on their latest firmware not any firmware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by coobot View Post
    Sony can see what our firmware is? I thought they could only see if you weren't on their latest firmware not any firmware.
    they can not see what your firmware is if you do not connect to the playstation servers... sony has a list of firmwares that can still activly connect to the network... currently they are checking to make sure you are updated to 3.42 if you dont have 3.42 then no connection to psn network a custom firmware would mostlikely have some different id (aka 3.42g or something like that) witch would not connect to psn as it dosent read as strait 3.42 any more (think they fixed this issue whit the psps trying to connect to the network with custom firmware...)

Can't you just fool their servers into thinking you have 3.42 installed?

Dug my custom firmware psp out the other week and was playing acopy game online with no problems not that,now my youngest son is always playin multiplayer maybe just lucky not botherd really about it getting banned.

(think they fixed this issue with the psps trying to connect to the network with custom firmware...)

Quote Originally Posted by coobot View Post
    Can't you just fool their servers into thinking you have 3.42 installed?
    there are tools to bypass firmware updates so you can still play online but if you attempt to go online with a jailbreak it is still posible for sony to ban you as you are using a jailbreak jig... as long as they can detect the exploit they can ban you... that is if you connect to there servers... and the firmware bypass trick only works untill sony blocks it again, just like they did with 3.15 and previous firmwares... we were able to access by bypassing for a time then they shut us down server side...

i don't think you guys are getting what i'm saying if you read the TOS the last few times you updated your firmware (all except that last one, 3.42, which didnt tell you anything when you updated it, atleast they didnt even show me the TOS) you would know that sony can scan your console any time they want as long as your connected to PSN.

there are tools to bypass firmware updates so you can still play online but if you attempt to go online with a jailbreak it is still posible for sony to ban you as you are using a jailbreak jig...
    At this time Sony has blocked those. Hopefully a workaround is found in not too long.

i don't think you guys are getting what i'm saying if you read the TOS the last few times you updated your firmware (all except that last one, 3.42, which didnt tell you anything when you updated it, atleast they didnt even show me the TOS) you would know that sony can scan your console any time they want as long as your connected to PSN.
    They don't magically 'scan' your PS3, however they can send a request for information to the PS3 and the PS3 handles the request and replies, with the proper modifications to certain system files (aka Custom Firmware) the PS3 can then send the proper/acceptable message back as if it was an updated virgin PS3. As noted in one of the Math's tweets when you log (or attempt to) into PSN it sends system information and some logs, and either authenticates you with PSN successfully or rejects you.

So yeah just because they can doesn't mean they'll be able to find anything once proper patching measures have been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalj View Post

So yeah just because they can doesn't mean they'll be able to find anything once proper patching measures have been taken.
    But it is still something that people like CJPC can hang on to if they try and make a CFW.

Copying Debug PS3 registry to retail?

Thought it'd be highly possible since we have registry access now, maybe copying the file over to a retail would give us those debug options ;]

however I've never had a ps3 debug/tool in my hands to know, maybe it's padded differently.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News