Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    awesome news indeed, I can't wait...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With a custom FW, it will eliminate the need to update to 3.42+ for online gameplay correct?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There's so many different things that can be done from this point, so many modification and revisions. I personally could care less about emulators and old shit. I'm looking forward to CFW with a preloaders. I don't like having to power cycle every time, and i don't like having to have the teensy blocking one of my two USB ports lol.

I like the idea of MKV support, and I like the idea of USB support for PS3 games that are downloaded as ISOs. The addition of a built-in cheat engine is awesome, too. Installing retail PKGs, or being able to convert retail PKG's to debug would be the best thing that could possibly happen, in my opinion.

Hi All! I'am SysAdmin, but very bad programmer (and lazy too)) I have some ideas about this theme....(Simply i'am want all ability of PS3 Linux)

1. I think if made homebrew on a Linux Kernel PPC.
    2. Get root right on PS3.
    3. Kill XMB processes or made a "XMB sandbox" with all process control. Role of this sandbox like a HV (root on Host System), and XMB on Guest System.

Update FW from PSN? - no problem! In a XMB Guest System ALL dev_% emulated, but hv-devices (bdr, usb, lan, wi-fi, cardreader and etc.) have transparent access from XMB Guest. (if #1 will soon come, i'am start work on #2, that my profile

Sounds really fantastic? I'm not think that... I'm think realistic!

Best regards.
    Ch1pm4ker

Sorry for my bad English

Quote Originally Posted by coobot View Post
    With a custom FW, it will eliminate the need to update to 3.42+ for online gameplay correct?
    It will eliminate the need to update to Sony's 3.42 and onward, however there's still work to be done like decrypting Sony's PUP files, repacking them, and then modifying the update procedure to pass the repacked update.

The wheels are definitely in motion now, and it's only a matter of time.

imo the most logical way to proceed would be to just reroute the paths to the original files for everything that we want to change.
    for example instead of booting from /dev_flash/ have it boot from /dev_cflash/ on the hd or something, where we could have our custom files etc. this should be easily accomplished with the current jailbreak exploit since it already reroutes the blu ray mount path.

this reminds me of devhook for the psp...something like that for the ps3 would definitely be a step in the right direction, as im sure sony will implement new games requiring higher firmwares to play
    Last edited by jevolution; 09-09-2010 at 05:40 PM

for my #1 post...

...clone ps3 fs and make a ps3xmb.img
    ...with "PS3sandbox" start VM like a qemu\XEN, and not need to decrypt all ps3 fs now.

After that start on PS3SB debug tool (Linux debugers) and easy analyzing code.

"Russians not like breaking a closed door (so many decrypt XMB and get root in Guest System). If door closet we go to backdoor (|-|@|< a Hyper-Visor)"

Best regards.
    Ch1pm4ker

Sorry for my bad English

Quote Originally Posted by coobot View Post
    No in all reality custom firmware would probably block sony FW updates, but not allow access to PSN services to avoid console bans...

we would probably be forced to use xlink kai or some other method of connecting and playing with each other... but that only works for games with LAN compatability...

ultimately i would like to see someone create a custom psn server that would emulate psn and allow people to play all thier games online with each other (providing that they are on hacked ps3s) but unfortunately that would require someone to have the code for the original psn servers...

[QUOTE=laggmaster;

ultimately i would like to see someone create a custom psn server that would emulate psn and allow people to play all thier games online with each other (providing that they are on hacked ps3s) but unfortunately that would require someone to have the code for the original psn servers...[/QUOTE]

Not needed if have control on Host System (on HV-level).

0:HV-level Linux like a Host System.
    1 VM1: XMBemu
    2:VM2: PSNemu

Virtual net on 1 PS3 unit))))

In PSNemu (VM2) load PKG from torrents)))

my imho:

diff's USB-stick CFW load and "ps3SB".

With USB-exploit on a 3.41 we have that ability. After FW update we not have access to ps3 fs with that tool.
    If CFW boot from flash-drive with redirect sysPATH (dev_flash% => dev_sda). Next $ony update easy fix that.
    Last edited by sdlc; 09-09-2010 at 06:29 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    [...] would require someone to have the code for the original psn servers...
    Or much much time on one's hand
    You could probably reverse engineer a psn server by tracing every possible communication between a system and the server so see what services need to be provided. But that would require some modification as I don't believe sony would handle that without ssl

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News