Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sounds awesome!

can't wait to start looking into the ps3 so i can bypass updates forever.

i'm sure there a way to perminately redirect or void the search for an update.

^_^ should be awesome, i'm sure i can search up some keywords etc to start with when i dump the entire ps3 to my pc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Sounds promising and hopefully they will find more on this, but next to remain to be seen is what sony is going to do and if they can shut down this exploit as the ps3 has been one tough cookie to crack so far and if it is sony will most likely be on the hunt to close it down, well time will tell and good luck to all hackers/developers on this project..may the force be with you..
    Sony can't do anything except issue new firmwares. Was Microsoft able to stop the drive hacks? No, and look how long that's gone on for. Was Microsoft able to stop the jtag hack? Only by issuing a firmware upgrade which killed the e-fuses so you couldn't do the j-tag hack.

Sony already issued the new firmware, and that's all they'll be able to do most likely, that and these lawsuits on stores that sell the original PSJailBreak device, or clones. Maybe also issue PSN bans based on the ID of the backup manager, if you even ran that. Look @ history. Sony never was able to stop the PS1 hacking, the PS2, I got out of the PSP scene years ago, but I think that's still happening as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    would like to give CJPC a tongue kiss!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai2 View Post
    I'd save that until after his next contribution, which is something much of the scene has been waiting for quite some time and will help unlock the PS3 further.

Quote Originally Posted by lohr View Post
    Sony can't do anything except issue new firmwares. Was Microsoft able to stop the drive hacks? No, and look how long that's gone on for. Was Microsoft able to stop the jtag hack? Only by issuing a firmware upgrade which killed the e-fuses so you couldn't do the j-tag hack.

Sony already issued the new firmware, and that's all they'll be able to do most likely, that and these lawsuits on stores that sell the original PSJailBreak device, or clones. Maybe also issue PSN bans based on the ID of the backup manager, if you even ran that. Look @ history. Sony never was able to stop the PS1 hacking, the PS2, I got out of the PSP scene years ago, but I think that's still happening as well.
    I never count sony out as the ps3 is a much different console then the ps1/ps2, i hope sony cannot do anything but always in the back of mind i wonder.. not saying that sony will close this exploit by any means but i just know sony is going to give it best shot and try to close it, hopefully a fix for all firmware updates etc can be found also which would really make sony bite the dust.

I wish someone would upload a decrypted dump of the ps3 flash chips to megaupload or something. I would like to get an in-depth look at a proper dump! Maybe make a few hex edits and see what happens!

Come on SKFU upload a decrypted dump so us amateurs can have a crack at making a break-through on CFW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai2 View Post
    I thought SKFU was the one on the edge of making a break-through? I didn't see anything about CJPC in this article.

Banned User
    If you can turn locks on and off how about turning the "no copy savegames" off. I think EVERYONE wants that turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I'd save that until after his next contribution, which is something much of the scene has been waiting for quite some time and will help unlock the PS3 further.
    Excellent hint, as i am pretty sure as to what it is, but, as of right now CJPC is the boat that keeps the scene floating after the fact, so hopefully there are more brilliant minds out there working on their own projects... +rep does not do justice to how i feel right about now, these guys need nobel peace prizes for the shit they had to walk thru for so long.

Great news, can't wait for a custom firmwares

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News