Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Registered User RadioactiveSoup's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

SKFU Progress on PS3 Custom Firmware, More Debug Options

Sponsored Links
    Today SKFU has updated his blog (linked above) with a follow-up to his previous work and shared some new information and progress regarding PS3 custom firmware.

He was able to add several more working debug options to JailBroken retail PS3 consoles, such as Title Store preview in the network section.

To quote: "While the USB Loader by JaicraB has some trouble rebooting all correctly it seems for a final CFW we need to overwrite dev_flash instead just loading live from USB mass storage.

Some things you can already do for a nice working CFW:

1. Replace all in "/vsh/module + /sys/external + /sys/internal" with the content of a 3.41 debug dev_flash.

2. In "/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_game.xml" add this in the "view id=root" Items section

[Register or Login to view links]

This will bring the "/app_home/GAME" and "Install PKG" options back.

3. In "/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_psn.xml" switch "root" and "tool_root".

This will add Title Store previews in the network section.

4. In "/sys/external" you grab liblv2dbg_for_dex from a debug unit and rename it liblv2dbg_for_cex. Replace liblv2dbg_for_cex with your new one and also add the debug liblv2dbg_for_dex.

Now you also have the debug options enabled. I don't know how to show up the debug options icon yet, but you can modify the settings via the registry.

How2 Handle Debug Options Without Icon

All information should be free. So here another part of the Custom Firmware research.

My previous post already explained some changes they enable. One nice one I didn't mention yet is, that it activates the Debug Options.

The options are enabled now, just the icon is missing. But there is a different way you can handle them. As we already knew, the xregistry.sys (dev_flash2/etc) stores all actual settings.

With the changes mentioned in last post, if you tried those; you may have noticed a debug message in the upper right corner. This actually proves the debug options are unlocked to use.

Just extract the xregistry.sys now and find the debug options. Activate them with a 1 instead a 0. I didn't test all so far, but seems most is fine.

Needa give credits to iQD, KrisAbsinthe, Stoker25 and Comgenie."

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool news indeed.. Thanks to everyone who submitted this, and +Rep to RadioactiveSoup as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lol it would be great if by the end of the year we could get custom firmware like psp.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by clouduzz View Post
    lol it would be great if by the end of the year we could get custom firmware like psp.
    That would be great!

I guess now the only problem would be tricking PSN into thinking we are legitimized like we did on the psp.

Leaps and bounds is all I can say, Cheers to these guys!

We want the "Quick Sign in on PSN" feature that works.

That would be the best News I can think of.

Good news indeed. I'd imagine it will take some time before we get Custom Firmware V 3.50 or whatever the heck Sony throws at us next but will be worth the wait

Awesome news, we are more and more closer to a CFW thanks to the hard work of this guys behind the scene, thank you all!

Real great to see some one working on that. Still waiting for my components to make my psgroove.

Otherwise i would also play arround with the ps3īs flash

Anyway, till then i will write on PS3 ACID and add some more features. To time i'm try to embend elf compiling for the forwarder smallloader and xmboot. If i success i will call the app PS3 CRAP based on the Wii tool CRAP.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News