Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Showtime gets a welcome update: [Register or Login to view links]

I've hooked up Showtime to the video decoder libraries already present on the PS3. This will accelerate h264 (Up to level 4.2) and MPEG2 video decoding so it can play up to 1080p content.

If you want to make sure that the Cell acceleration is actually used you can press L3 during video playback to see the status window. Make sure that the video codec mentions (Cell) at the end of the row.

Sponsored Links

Showtime PS3 Media Player Updated for 1080p

Sponsored Links
    Today Andreas Oman has updated his Showtime Media Player HTPC port for the PS3. The new release now includes 1080p playback at a constant speed and unconfirmed DVD playback.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: I've hooked up Showtime to the video decoder libraries already present on the PS3. This will accelerate h264 (Up to level 4.2) and MPEG2 video decoding so it can play up to 1080p content.

If you want to make sure that the Cell acceleration is actually used you can press L3 during video playback to see the status window. Make sure that the video codec mentions (Cell) at the end of the row. Just like in this screenshot.

You're welcome!

Features:

1. Playback of video and audio
    2. Javascript plugins
    3. Unified search
    4. View photos and images in slideshow mode
    5. Live TV streaming from Tvheadend
    6. Spotify integration

Showtime Media Player PS3 Homebrew Port Now Supports 1080p

Showtime Media Player PS3 Homebrew Port Now Supports 1080p

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the update whiteclad57 (and barrybarryk), I will promote this to the main page a bit later tonight as well and +Rep!

Thanks, and sorry for the multiple postings of it, not used to the new system yet.

That's OK, we can take care of that... better to see nice guys like you making an effort to post news than remaining idle here like most.

Thanks for the update!

Theres a file I want to watch, its a AVI file but for some reason the PS3 says it corrupted. PC plays it with ease... I really hope this can play it... Thanks for the update...

can someone please fix this to make it work on wannikoko v2?

So the PKG doesn't work with Waninkoko V2? What a bummer, I was gonna give this a try this time round as well.

Please will someone make it work with Waninkoko, I would myself but I'm clueless as to how it's done!

Anyone tested the Spotify functionality yet? Frankly - I'd like to see a "standalone" version of fully featured Spotify client / player (minus advertisement indeed) as well ...

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News