Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the update Xyth, I have promoted it to the main page now and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is honestly the only homebrew application for the PS3 that I use on a regular basis.

Showtime and MultiMan are pretty much the only homebrew applications I use more than once or twice.

I really do wish there was a wider selection of homebrew software, but I'm grateful for both of the applications listed above.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Funny, I have never used this program. I just stream to my PS3 via PC, or USB and never have any issues. I use Divx or just avi file. I convert the files that won't play using Divx.

But not sure if I am missin anything or not with this program.

DVD (files) playback at last! Still no physical disk support yet, though.

The whole idea of this application is to avoid having to convert your media to be able to play it.

PS3 Media Server is an OK solution if you have a PC fast enough to convert in real-time, but if you have a native player that supports a much wider range of formats, you can cut the conversion out of the picture, and just store your collection directly on the PS3.

This way I can use my PC while someone watches a movie on the PS3 (or just turn my PC off) which is something you can't do with the "PC -> PS3" streaming option.

This also avoids any network limitations, which are pretty obvious if the PC and/or PS3 is connected via wireless.

Not to mention playing movies natively from the PS3 HDD allows for fast/smooth seeking in the video. Try fast-forwarding or rewinding with the streaming method from the PC. You will notice how sluggish and unresponsive it is.

Basically Showtime is the way to go, and PC to PS3 streaming should only be used as a last resort.

i done my test again.
    • playback a video (720p video) and closed and open it continuously. It hangs on 7th loop, sometimes 4th loop.
    • DVD ISO is not stable, mostly it hangs at blackscreen (not the console totally)
    • random http error while accessing DLNA service.
    • SMB no password problem, you cant access your SMB share without a password setup on the server (worst thing that they ever done)

still far from stable release.

What does "GH" stands for?

Is it GeoHot or Github or something else?

I think it's GeoHot, might be wrong though.

Showtime PS3 Media Player Testing Build 3.5.176 Update Arrives

Following the previous revision, today PlayStation 3 developer Andreas Oman has updated Showtime PS3 Media Player Testing Build to version 3.5.176 addressing memory issues with the changes outlined below, as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Showtime PS3 Media Player v3.5.176 Changelog:

3.5.175-g1f7c531

Add support for continuous playback of all video items in a directory.

This needs to be enabled in the video playback settings (default off)
    • Fixes #501
    • Fixed #530
    • Fixes #864
    • Fixes #875

3.5.171-gf1b3001

Write logfiles to disk (in cachedir).

These logfiles can be obtained from [Register or Login to view links]

3.5.134-g7d1f686

ps3: Switch memory allocator to TLSF

This is another attempt to fix the out of memory issues that has been plauging Showtime for quite some while. So far it looks much better than when using jemalloc.

Showtime PS3 Media Player Testing Build 3.5.176 Update Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

the gh is got geohot firmware.

If you recall, geohot's firmware required his own special pkg to be able to install them, where as on other CFW all pkg files install.

Sponsored Links
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News