No more files deleted?
Following up on the previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer facanferff has updated the YouTube Plugin to version 1.3 for Showtime PS3 Media Player.
Download: https://github.com/downloads/facanferff/showtime-plugin-youtube/youtube.zip / https://github.com/facanferff/showtime-plugin-youtube
To quote: This update brings the following changelog:
- Add: Filter Standard Feed by category (in Settings page)
- Add: Filter Standard Feed by region (in Settings page)
- Add: Support for Watch History playlist in Advanced Mode
- Add: Filter for Video format (All formats, MP4, WebM or FLV) in Advanced Mode
- Add: Set maximum resolution to play
- Enhancement: Use default Showtime's error page instead of messages
- Enhancement: Item listing show more information now (title, duration, views count, favorites count and when it was published / updated)
- Enhancement: Full support for Safe Search
- Fix: Universal Subtitles support was not working since a minor layout change of the Web site
Note: This update is fully compatible with latest updates of plugins of NP (in Youtube's calls)
As always any suggestion or feedback are welcome.
1. Where do I must install these plugins?
Put the the zip file from the download link above at /dev_hdd0/game/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins.
2. I don't have an external keyboard, how can I log in or search for videos?
While OSK (On Screen Keyboard) is not implemented in Showtime, you can't. If you're in this situation, I suggest you to disable User Authentication and User actions, so you don't see anymore boxes to write things.
3. My connection is very slow, there's no way to automatically use a lower resolution?
Yes there is, since version 1.3, Youtube plugin has a setting that let's you choose a maximum resolution, the resolution you get in simple mode is that one you selected or, if you're using Advanced Mode, you'll only get a list of video links of that resolution and lower (never higher). The default setting value is 1080p.
4. In few times (or more) I get a page saying that an error happened, what can I do?
If that page appears then please let me know by e-mailing me (facanferff.showtime AT hotmail.com) or creating a ticket on andoma's redmine website for showtime assigning the ticket to my name (Fabio Ferreira).
5. I have a suggestion, where can I leave that?
You can e-mail me on facanferff.showtime AT hotmail.com
Hope you enjoy,
More PlayStation 3 News...
Following up on his previous revisions, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer NP has released a Showtime PS3 Media Player Time Waster Plugin update complete with source code below.
Download: https://github.com/downloads/NP-/showtime-plugin-timewaster/timewaster.zip / https://github.com/NP-/showtime-plugin-timewaster
To quote: Time Waster Plugin
The perfect way kill time or cheer you up with some funny videos and pictures
brought to you by:
- Cheezburger Network (FailBlog, FailBook, After12...)
- College Humor
- Epic Fail
- Funny Or Die
The plugin will be uploaded to the showtime repository as soon as possible.
How to Install/Update a Plugin in Showtime
There are 3 basic ways you can install or upgrade a plugin. (All this methods were tested using Showtime version 3.5.43 but should work in older versions )
1. Use the repository (if the plugin or the update version is already present), as demonstrated in this video (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=6h8cc1&s=5)
2. Copy the timewaster.zip file to a USB pen drive, open Showtime, go to the USB pen drive icon and run Time Waster. The screenshots below should remove any doubts.
3. Copy the timewaster.zip file to using a file or FTP manager or whatever method you see fit.
Showtime plugin path (stand alone version): /dev_hdd0/game/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins/
Showtime (Multiman version) plugin path: /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/st_settings/installedplugins/
More PlayStation 3 News...
Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Redsquirrel87 has updated Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack to version 3.5.43 with the changes outlined below as follows:
Download: Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.5.43
Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.5.43 Changelog:
- glw: Make sure string concatenation of rich text formated strings works
- Add html_enteties_escape() helper
- Remove duplicate function token2string()
- glw/clist: Initialize position without filtering first time
- osx: Allow theme path to be set
- glw: Autorescale userinterface based on window dimensions
- Render image shadows in blurred mode
- glw: Improve clist widget a bit more
- Avoid NULL deref
- Don't use a var before initialized
- spotlight: Avoid NULL deref
- Improve some asserts
- imageloader: Fail early if we try to load an image with invalid request dimensions
- glw: Improve propsorter()
- prop: Fix bug in nodefilter
- glw: Fix error in blur shader
- glw: Make scurve() take an additional third arg
- glw: Make change() function accept property reference as trig variable
- glw: Improve clist widget a bit
- Remove unused stuff
- smb: If we get logged in a guest but not want to, act as if login failed
- Remove unused decl.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Redsquirrel87 just builds showtime from source code developed by Andreas Oman (lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/showtime). So I don't think it's appropriate he is a PlayStation 3 homebrew developer for showtime at least.
Hi, pls, could someone tell me how i can add net stream to showtime. Like BBC stream from player or and so other. thx for reply