Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    would this work in australia? sorry not sure what showtime is exactly.. except for the channel on foxtel!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    works great on PS3ITA 3.55 mkv support. Used mkvtools (mac only don't have a window) to split the files bigger the 4GB so the fit on Fat32 HDD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Normally when one releases a prototype application this is how it advances

1. A 1.0.1 version is released that fixes bugs/ increases performance

2. After about 5 or so of these releases they finally get to adding easy to implement features ala NTFS via the already released binaries

3. Add new (more advanced) features such as plugin support

4. Restart from step one and go on to step three

This is probably how this application will advance; hopefully he's not a Hermes

Showtime is not a 'new' application. It is a cross platform media center, which was ported by its author to PS3.

As you can see its current version is 2.99 (3.0 will follow soon) and it is available for various platforms like wii, linux, mac os, etc.

Because of some PS3 hardware specifics, the PS3 port may need some tweaks, but in no words this is a new and untested application!

Many thanks to the author Andreas man (and all other participants).

Hey all..

Great work with the homebrew home theater..

I used this all the time to listen streamed music but one thing I have a problem with is the stuttering with watching movies bein streamed and even on my PS3's hard drive. Is this just for me or is it happening to others to ?? my movie files are mostly 720p MP4 x264

cheers

Yes, it is happening with H.264 (AVC) videos (720p, 1080p) and MPEG2 1920x1080i. It seems that ffmpeg's libavcodec will need some optimizations for H.264 decoding, specific to the PS3, or something... DivX/XviD 720p plays perfect, although in all modes subtitles are not available (debug error: cannot create/display subtitle image... or something similar).
    Last edited by deank; 03-19-2011 at 10:39 AM

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up, cant wait till I can play my streamed movies in Showtime, but for now its great for music. Keep up the great work deanrr

I can see subtitles here Dean, but it doesn't show some characters like .

This is extremely impressive. This is the main reason I have jailbreaked my PS3. Once this has been fully optimized for the PS3 I will be in heaven. Thanks so much.

Unhappy

Man, I really wanted to try this, but it doesn't install on my f.w 3.15 machine. I wish more developers wouldn't forget us who still use Other OS linux and therefore still run f.w 3.15 until someone enables OtherOs on higher or cfw. I have the same problem with Multiman, having to run the older v.1.12 instead of v.1.16 which is FAR better! sigh.. keep waiting i guess, i'm not giving up my YDL Zerogame emulator..

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News