Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh god, someone upload it on mediafire or something.

filesonic just disabled the filesharing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, if you don't mind using the second newest version (v3.3.390) you can download it from this mirror link - [Register or Login to view links] or you can wait for the newest version to get re-uploaded.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I have now added a mirror to Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.3.401 here also: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...e-is-released/

Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.3.409 Update is Released

Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Redsquirrel87 has updated the unofficial Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack to version v3.3.409 with the changes detailed below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

PS3 Showtime Media Player Repack v3.3.409 Changelog:
    • Merge pull request #62 from wader/osx_fixes
    • osx: spotlight: Assign ctype properly
    • Fix uninitialized warning
    • osx: spotify: Fix logic and cleanup configure arg
    • Update Bulgarian translation
    • Various fixes for libav 0.8
    • Update German translation
    • Update Italian translation

Andreas Oman has done some important announcements:
    • An automatic build system is nearing completion
    • He will be leaving on a six week vacation and during that period he will not do any PS3 related development

This essentially will have two important consequences on these unofficial builds:

1. Obviously, if there will be no update to Showtime's source code then there will be no need to compile new builds, so in the next 6 weeks you may not find new builds here.

2. When the automatic build system will be completed these builds will have no sense as it will allow to upgrade Showtime directly from your PS3. For this reason, when the automatic build system will be complete, I'll stop to release these Unofficial Builds here because you'll can download them directly from the official site or indeed update Showtime directly from your PS3.

For more information, refer to the news on the official website here: [Register or Login to view links]

Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.3.409 Update is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Showtime PS3 Media Player 3.4 Released, Future Plans Revealed

Following up on the Showtime PS3 Media Player Version 3.4 Release Candidate, today PlayStation 3 developer Andreas Oman has officially released Showtime PS3 Media Player version 3.4.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (January 25th, 2012)

To quote: Today marks the release of Showtime 3.4. For a list of most of the important bug fixes and features added, see the 3.4 page. Download the release from github.

Note: It seems Showtime still suffers from out of memory conditions now and then but I've not been able to pinpoint the exact cause of those issues. A few things were implemented just prior to the 3.4 release in order to mitigate the low memory problems.

With that said I though I could write something about what's been done this year and where Showtime is going.

The History

About a year ago Showtime had approximately 5 users. When the PS3 jailbreak was announced I quickly bought a PS3 myself and started to port Showtime to it. I had previously ported Showtime to the Wii homebrew SDK so a lot of code was already quite platform independent already.

In fact I had something running already a few weeks after I acquired the console. So far I've not used my console for anything else. I've never played a game on it, nor do I own a game. After Showtime was released for the PS3 sometime during March 2011 it gained a userbase of a few thousand users instead. Very encouraging!

During the last year Showtime has received ~1400 commits. Some are just a small typo, some are huge changes.

The major features added are:

Downloadable Plugins

While Showtime used to support Javscript plugins even before 2011 this was the year when I added support for a central repository. For a full list of available apps, see the official repo. Big thank you to all the plugin developers that are making the Showtime experience a lot more interesting.

Translations

Thanks to the community Showtime is now translated to 21 different languages.

Sqlite

Currently used to drive the metadata cache and video resume support. In the future I hope to use this for a lot of spiffy features such as possibility to search all your indexed media store detailed information about movies.

The Future

User interface redesign

Personally I think Showtime's weakest point is its User Interface. I hope to be able to present something new in this area during the spring. Some people ask for theme/skin support in Showtime. Thing is, Showtime already have that but it's not exposed to the average user in a good way. Nor is it very appealing to skin/theme developers either.

Adding a new theme requires that all of the UI is redesigned in one go. I don't think that's very productive or creative. Rather I would like plugins to the UI itself so it's possible to create a plugin that alters the home page. Or the settings view. Or the play control. Or perhaps everything.

Grabbing metadata from external locations

For files stored on users hard drives, or NAS, etc Showtime can only show the metadata contained in the file itself.

My plan is to add support for plugins that based on filenames (or file hashes, etc) downloads metadata, artwork, ratings, etc from various online sources such as [Register or Login to view links], etc

Auto updates

I've almost finished my own autobuild system. This will make sure all commits are built for a all supported target platforms and also auto published on the Showtime download page. On this page three different versions will be available.
    • Stable - A known good version
    • Testing - Should be OK to use for the average user
    • Unstable - Latest checking. Can be broken.

Not only will the build be available on the site itself but it will also be possible to upgrade Showtime from within the application.

And the rest...

And of course there are countless bugs to fix, and important features that should be added as well. In particular an on-screen keyboard would be a welcome addition. UPnP/DLNA renderer support so Showtime can be remote controlled from a UPnP control point.

Tomorrow I will be leaving on a six week vacation and during that period I won't do any PS3 related development (as I don't have the console with me). I might do some general Showtime stuff though. I've no idea what that will be though... I guess I'll find out.

So with no further ado, Thank you for the past year. Talk to you all soon again.

Showtime PS3 Media Player 3.4 Changelog:
    Code:
            Bug #216: Image navigator – missing rotation of previews
            Bug #448: Photo – Doesn’t display .jpg over 900ko
            Bug #478: new version can’t play 1080p movies
            Bug #628: Clock is 1 hour off.
            Bug #716: Video list disappears permanently
            Bug #717: The clock displaying is not right
            Bug #718: italic subtitles display
            Bug #719: Subtitles in mkv file are still on even though in settings they are off
            Bug #720: Rar Split files is broken
            Bug #721: L5.0/5.1 MKV no video playback
            Bug #724: 3 Video Files splitted but Showtime Shows 1 Video in the Directory
            Bug #726: Subtitle BUG (Overlapping)
            Bug #729: .MP4 Container problem (and possible .MKV improvement suggestion)
            Bug #731: Subtitles in rar split files
            Bug #732: Subtitle position.
            Bug #739: SMB (Samba) Network Issue
            Bug #740: Bookmarks: Selecting photo image and appera fodler image?
            Bug #746: SMB (Samaba) Video Playback Issues
            Bug #748: MKV 5.1 igh level ( Debug Option to write a txt when it says CPU to slow )
            Bug #750: high quality mkv (+20gb)
            Bug #757: Samba Playback Video Speed-Ups Slow-Downs
            Bug #760: Memory leak when playing large/long movies
            Bug #771: No video shown when playing this movie sample
            Bug #773: Idee to eliminate the Memory Problem on MKV!!!
            Bug #776: Http Client Hangs
            Bug #779: Plugins: Message with a lot of charaters block
            Bug #781: Plugins: Read local xml files
            Bug #782: Plugins: Read files from SMB path
            Bug #790: Plugins: showtime freeze when reading rtmp
            Bug #794: .OGM Container playback issues [PS3]
            Bug #796: Audio track bug
            Bug #806: Video titles do not flow under cover art image?
            Bug #810: AC3 mono track does not work.
            Bug #834: FLV PLAYBACK BUG
            Bug #836: More than 1 Subtitle per movie.
            Bug #842: Possible bug with AVC codec Baseline@L1.3. (on PS3).
            Feature #348: please add support for EGL / OpenGL|ES
            Feature #417: Mark files that has been played
            Feature #518: Samba streaming
            Feature #640: MP4 codec support
            Feature #690: resuming playback from where left off
            Feature #707: Detect track flags in .MKV container
            Feature #710: Subtitle adjustment.
            Feature #775: mkv track names display
            Feature #784: Plugins: Cache remote (HTTP) image files
            Feature #802: Plugins: settings.createComboBox like in showtime settings
    Showtime.SELF Version 3.4.000.dirty for multiMAN (January 25th, 2012) Changelog:
    • Added: XMB videos and last folder visible in Showtime
    • Added: Return to multiMAN when using the EXIT icon in to top right corner of main Showtime Interfac

Save the downloaded file as: /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/SHOWTIME.SELF
    • Image navigator - missing rotation of previews
    • Photo - Doesn't display .jpg over 900ko
    • New version can't play 1080p movies
    • Clock is 1 hour off.
    • Video list disappears permanently
    • The clock displaying is not right
    • Italic subtitles display
    • Subtitles in mkv file are still on even though in settings they are off
    • Rar Split files is broken
    • L5.0/5.1 MKV no video playback
    • 3 Video Files splitted but Showtime Shows 1 Video in the Directory
    • Subtitle BUG (Overlapping)
    • .MP4 Container problem (and possible .MKV improvement suggestion)
    • Subtitles in rar split files
    • Subtitle position.
    • SMB (Samba) Network Issue
    • Bookmarks - Selecting photo image and appera fodler image?
    • SMB (Samaba) Video Playback Issues
    • MKV 5.1 igh level ( Debug Option to write a txt when it says CPU to slow )
    • High quality mkv (+20gb)
    • Samba Playback Video Speed-Ups Slow-Downs
    • Memory leak when playing large/long movies
    • No video shown when playing this movie sample
    • Idee to eliminate the Memory Problem on MKV!!!
    • Http Client Hangs
    • Plugins - Message with a lot of charaters block
    • Plugins - Read local xml files
    • Plugins - Read files from SMB path
    • Plugins - showtime freeze when reading rtmp
    • .OGM Container playback issues [PS3]
    • Audio track bug
    • Video titles do not flow under cover art image?
    • AC3 mono track does not work.
    • FLV PLAYBACK BUG
    • More than 1 Subtitle per movie.
    • Possible bug with AVC codec Baseline@L1.3. (on PS3).
    • Please add support for EGL / OpenGL|ES
    • Mark files that has been played
    • Samba streaming
    • MP4 codec support
    • Resuming playback from where left off
    • Detect track flags in .MKV container
    • Subtitle adjustment.
    • MKV track names display
    • Plugins - Cache remote (HTTP) image files
    • Plugins - settings.createComboBox like in showtime settings

Showtime PS3 Media Player 3.4 Released, Future Plans Revealed

More PlayStation 3 News...

Auto updates and downloadable plugins, Showtime for ps3 becomes better day after day!

lol, the latest official build causes more problems than i expected. Rolled back to v3.3 to eliminate the problem.

mostly the problem are related to memory problem, always says low on memory, even if it was the 1st video that i played since i start it up (this is unusual for me, since in previous build, it would take 5-8 videos before low memory)

most of the videos stuck most of the time with black screen with frozen screen like what shown on the attachment, while audio plays just fine in background. As usual, you need to reset your console if you encounter it.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

20120124-161042.jpg  

I only use Showtime from within Multiman... I know you can update from within multi man - but I generally don't have the PS3 networked - so can I just grab the pkg file install it and this will update the version that Multiman uses?

Thanks, thanks for posting

- xFLAMeHD_

Showtime plugin playing files out of sync

I use showtime very regular on the ps3 but lately i've found that the files play out of sync. Its very annoying even though its not happened before. Any advice on how i can repair this and stop it happening?

Sponsored Links
Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News