Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Looks like it will play movies with cinavia.

Thanks cinavia was so annoying...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sick of hearing about XBMC... these are still early days as far as homebrew media players for PS3s, they will get better.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by gs01 View Post
    If you want to play .mkv files, just download and install the latest divx bundle. After that you'll be able to play .mkv files on your ps3.
    how and what do you mean by this? i have been wanting to play mkv on my ps3 since day 1.

mkv is supported? ok i'm impressed (even if juttery its a sign of good things to come) apologies for my earlier comment.

i could convert mkv to avchd but some large files (mostly 1080p) don't want to convert at all and with the new firmware update 720p movies get the image cropped at the top right 1/4th of the screen upon playback.
    Last edited by elcido6; 03-17-2011 at 12:44 AM

Might the spu-medialib stuff be of use? I don't know much (anything) about multimedia programming, but the cell-based functions could be used as a basis for implementation here, yes?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Xalies View Post
    I'm sick of hearing about XBMC... these are still early days as far as homebrew media players for PS3s, they will get better.
    I agree with you - however, it depends on how it is referenced. 'When will we get XBMC?' is pretty annoying, and I'd rather have a native PS3 app just like this. Just keep in mind the standard it set for homebrew multimedia playback and management.

You should definitely add support for MKV files!! That would make this program sky-rocket into legend!

This looks like a good start thats for sure.. Now time to test...

Thanks

Thank you very much for this release. First glances, i see lots of possibilities for this media centre... I am very excited at the prospect of updates and bug fixes...

Lots of respect to you.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News