Moved to the main page now, and +Rep NTA for sharing the news.Sponsored Links
I've only used Showtime via a Multiman install - can I just install this package and it updates the version used by Multiman?Sponsored Links
Great work on the program - thanks for sharing.
There is a HOWTO: wunderkiste.gedankenstrudel.de/2011/05/21/building-showtime-with-psl1ght-v1/
Last edited by derVerzweifler; 05-24-2011 at 02:08 PM
Getting a error when trying to play movies. Unhandled HTTP response 404. Using TVersity.
Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Andreas Oman has updated the Showtime Media Player for PS3 to version 2.99-534.
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: This is the last release (by me) before setting the 3.0 stamp. Hopefully there are no serious issues lurking and if so I hope to be able to release 3.0 in a couple of days.
I know there is still alot of bugs (although not as many as I would expect, to be honest) to be squashed and a lot more features to be implemented.
On top of this I have a lot more ideas in my head for stuff I would like to add. But as always, time is a limiting factor.
A list of changes since 2.99.401 release:
- Popup menu redesigned a bit
- Add support for Windows 1251 codepage
- upnp: Make sure that we really find subtitles when doing a blind probe. This bug has caused problems for some people making some video not start at all.
- Make it possible to enter credentials in the auth popup that is not saved to disk
- Add support for passing mimetypes internally. This speed up media loading and playback start.
- PS3: Update XMB icon (better centered)
- Make SRT subtitle discovery better
- Add support for setting subtitle output delay
- Add seek-by-thumbnail in the command popup menu (looks very bad on PS3 at the moment though)
- ui: Redesign the auth popup
- Improve the setting views
- PS3: Add support for BD remote
- Add support for cycling between audio and subtitle tracks using a single button
- Make presentation of audio and subtitle tracks better
- Improve subtitle rendering. There is a lot of changes here. see bc0cf58e and 76142920
- PS3: Display all reasonable entries found in system VFS root as services on their own
- PS3: If display operates in non-square pixel 16:9 mode, scale UI accordingly
- Use libav.org's recently released 0.7 version (with a couple of bug fixes on top)
More PlayStation 3 News...
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but as a suggestion is it possible to add NAS network support with User Identification, that's what bothers me the most about the PS3...
Non the less keep up the good work it's making me happy !!!
Andreas Oman, you are dong an amazing job! Your homebrew allowed me for the first time to play mkv videos on my PS3! However, as i am sure you are aware, MP4 files do not work (H.264 video codec). Hopefully, you will make this media player the best by first fixing the playback issues for all existing formats, and then later on, add new features.