Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Moved to the main page now, and +Rep NTA for sharing the news.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've only used Showtime via a Multiman install - can I just install this package and it updates the version used by Multiman?

Great work on the program - thanks for sharing.

Sponsored Links

Building Showtime for PS3

Sponsored Links
    There is a HOWTO: wunderkiste.gedankenstrudel.de/2011/05/21/building-showtime-with-psl1ght-v1/
    Building Showtime with PSL1GHT v1

Showtime is a lightweight HTS (Home Theater System) for Windows, Linux, MacOS and even PS3 and Wii. Unfortunately it is impossible to build the recent git snapshots using newest PSL1GHT right after the merge with PSL1GHT v2 I patched the ps3toolchain making it possible to compile PSL1GHT v1 that is required by showtime.

Compiling Showtime

[Register or Login to view code]

Building for Linux

Just feel free setting the make parallel job count ( -j ) depending on your hardware. Compiling on a quadcore with -j4 boost up to 4x but sometimes gcc fails on it. Be careful.

Building for PS3

You will need the ps3toolchain and PSL1GHT. There is a good reason not to use the precompiled binaries.
    Before you start, it is necessary to define some variables:

Just put them into your ~.bashrc or set them manually everytime. Now configure the toolchain, PSL1GHT and build them:

This can take several minutes or several hours depending on your hardware. A core2duo should make it within 1,5 hours. There are 12 steps: compiling ppu-gcc, spu-gcc and several tools like gdb, binutils and newlib. I patched the toolchain scripts not to download the source code from the internet. Otherwise building the toolchain fails. Feel free to check the checksums. If it’s done, you get a fully functional environment ready for showtime.

Make install generates .self and .pkg. Congratulations! Don’t hesitate to comment!
    Last edited by derVerzweifler; 05-24-2011 at 01:08 PM

Funny... when I try to install the latest version I get an error message.

Exclamation

Getting a error when trying to play movies. Unhandled HTTP response 404. Using TVersity.

This one is confirmed working on Waninkoko V2.

[Register or Login to view links]

Showtime Media Player for PS3 Updated to v2.99-534

Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Andreas Oman has updated the Showtime Media Player for PS3 to version 2.99-534.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: This is the last release (by me) before setting the 3.0 stamp. Hopefully there are no serious issues lurking and if so I hope to be able to release 3.0 in a couple of days.

I know there is still alot of bugs (although not as many as I would expect, to be honest) to be squashed and a lot more features to be implemented.

On top of this I have a lot more ideas in my head for stuff I would like to add. But as always, time is a limiting factor.

A list of changes since 2.99.401 release:
    • Popup menu redesigned a bit
    • Add support for Windows 1251 codepage
    • upnp: Make sure that we really find subtitles when doing a blind probe. This bug has caused problems for some people making some video not start at all.
    • Make it possible to enter credentials in the auth popup that is not saved to disk
    • Add support for passing mimetypes internally. This speed up media loading and playback start.
    • PS3: Update XMB icon (better centered)
    • Make SRT subtitle discovery better
    • Add support for setting subtitle output delay
    • Add seek-by-thumbnail in the command popup menu (looks very bad on PS3 at the moment though)
    • ui: Redesign the auth popup
    • Improve the setting views
    • PS3: Add support for BD remote
    • Add support for cycling between audio and subtitle tracks using a single button
    • Make presentation of audio and subtitle tracks better
    • Improve subtitle rendering. There is a lot of changes here. see bc0cf58e and 76142920
    • PS3: Display all reasonable entries found in system VFS root as services on their own
    • PS3: If display operates in non-square pixel 16:9 mode, scale UI accordingly
    • Use libav.org's recently released 0.7 version (with a couple of bug fixes on top)

Showtime Media Player for PS3 Updated to v2.99-534

More PlayStation 3 News...

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but as a suggestion is it possible to add NAS network support with User Identification, that's what bothers me the most about the PS3...

Non the less keep up the good work it's making me happy !!!

Andreas Oman, you are dong an amazing job! Your homebrew allowed me for the first time to play mkv videos on my PS3! However, as i am sure you are aware, MP4 files do not work (H.264 video codec). Hopefully, you will make this media player the best by first fixing the playback issues for all existing formats, and then later on, add new features.

Lightbulb

please can you make it support arabic srt language?

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News