Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've try some games and non works I get the converted now but blacks screens IS there any dev who can find out why they are not working ?

PS: can we start a list with compatibility ?

I tried Assasins Creed BL (not working, hangs while loding)
    Dissidia 012 ( not working, black screen)
    Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (not working black screen)
    Last edited by GotNoUsername; 04-11-2013 at 06:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There's already a couple compat lists, one is below (via pshomebrew.net/wiki/PSP_On_PS3_Compatibility_List)

PSP On PS3 Compatibility List

PSP Games are now playable on PS3 with 4.2+ CFWs, possibly on 3.55 as well but some people have reported problems.

Name / Status / Notes
    • Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception Minor Issues subtitles during campaign cutscenes are too fast, otherwise everything seems to work.
    • Angry Birds Mini Playable None.
    • Ape Escape On the Loose Unplayable starts and comes to a "Loading..." screen.. and freezes there.
    • Brave Story: New Traveler Playable None.
    • Burnout Dominator Playable None.
    • Castlevania Chronicles Playable Some slowdown during loading.
    • Crimson Gem Saga Major Issues Many texts are not showing.
    • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Playable None.
    • Dead or Alive Paradise Unplayable Freezes.
    • Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness Playable None.
    • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days Playable None.
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy Playable None.
    • Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy Unplayable Freezes.
    • Dungeon Siege Unplayable Freezes.
    • Final Fantasy Playable None.
    • Final Fantasy II Playable Minor graphical issues.
    • Final Fantasy III Unplayable Freezes.
    • Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection Unplayable Freezes.
    • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions Major Issues Some slowdown in action sequences. Cannot save/load.
    • Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Unplayable Freezes.
    • Gods Eater Burst Unplayable Freezes.
    • God of War Chains of Olympus Minor Issues Graphical errors and text does not display.
    • God of War Ghost of Sparta Unplayable Freezes.
    • Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time Unplayable Freezes.
    • Gungnir Unplayable Freezes.
    • Half-Minute Hero Playable None.
    • Killzone Liberation Unplayable Freezes.
    • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (NTSC) Unplayable Freezes.
    • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Unplayable Freeze.
    • Mana Khemia: Student Alliance Unplayable Freeze.
    • Me & My Katamari Unplayable Blackscreens, but you can exit to XMB.
    • Megaman Maverick Hunter X Playable Megaman Powered UP demo doesn't work.
    • Megaman Powered UP Unplayable None.
    • Metal Slug Anthology Unplayable hard-freeze after logos.
    • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Unplayable Freeze.
    • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops + Unplayable Freezes.
    • Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner Playable Requires CobraUSB 4.1 update.
    • Patapon Major Issues Freeze after 'New Game'. Will test with save data...
    • Ragnarok Tactics Unplayable Freezes.
    • R-type Command Playable None.
    • Samurai Warriors: State of War Unplayable Freezes.
    • SoulCalibur Broken Destiny Unplayable Freezes.
    • Sonic Rivals 2 Unplayable Game starts and menu shows, but scenario in stages is black.
    • Space Invaders Extreme Unplayable Enemies shots are not visible.
    • Star Ocean: First Departure Playable None.
    • Star Ocean: Second Evolution Playable None.
    • Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max Minor Issues Cannot save.
    • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Unplayable Freezes.
    • Taiko no Tatsujin Portable Unplayable Freezes.
    • Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 Unplayable Freezes.
    • Tales of Eternia Playable None.
    • Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology Unplayable Freezes in character creation screen.
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Playable None.
    • The 3rd Birthday Unplayable Freezes.
    • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Unplayable Freezes.
    • Twisted Metal Heads on Unplayable Freezes.
    • Tony Hawk's Project 8 Playable None.
    • Ultimate Ghost n Goblins Minor Issues Runs too fast.
    • Valkyrie Profile Lenneth Unplayable Freezes.
    • Warriors Orochi Unplayable Freezes.
    • Warriors Orochi 2 Unplayable Freezes.
    • Wild arms XF Unplayable Freezes.
    • WipEout Pulse Unplayable Freezes.

The other from tortuga is more dongle themed so I'm not sure how much of it can be used for this purpose.

Sponsored Links

Cool PSPMinis / PS3Minis / Bite v1.3 PS3 Homebrew Application Updated

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous update, today Italian PlayStation 3 developers at BiteYourConsole have updated their PSP Minis on PS3 application dubbed PSPMinis / PS3Minis / Bite to version 1.3 followed by v1.3a with the changes below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by aldostools / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote, roughly translated: BiteYourConsole releases to the public a new update of Bite, this is the version 1.3 which contains many good news.

The program allows you to play your backups on ps3 psp. This new update using the program PSP2PS3 arrived at version 1.7.3a, below you will find the changelog and the various features of the program.

Changelog:
    • MOD Aldo alias aldostools
    • Simplified the procedure to process the PKG with a simple click
    • Automated procedure
    • Added theme music
    • New GUI (Form of PSP)
    • Added "select" button to create a PKG file for console DEX.
    • Adding a video guide directly from the application, viewable by clicking on the circle
    • Adding English version
    • Increased compatibility for games

Features:
    • Possibility to convert our backup PSP for PS3
    • Possibility of extracting the files PKG
    • Possibility of converting a file format ISO CSO
    • Possibility to create a PKG file from an ISO file
    • Ability to create a PKG file (Console DEX)
    • Ability to raise or lower the music volume with the + and - just like on the PSP
    • The ability to create pkg file for games over 700 mb

Guide:

Enter a file format CSO, ISO or PBP renaming it 'NP' in the program window, click the X button in the PSP, you can see a video guide by clicking on the rim.

From this screen, we can extract the files from a PKG convert a CSO to an ISO file or create a PKG placed directly from an ISO file, also clicking button we can select the steps console DEX.

In the program we have also added a musical theme, you can edit the buttons indicated by the arrows.

Video Tutorial:

Finally, from aldostools: I uploaded a new "mod" of PSP2PS3 1.7.3d. The problem with the save is caused by the load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp folders. They fix some games like LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, but also can affect the save of other games like Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

So, the script now asks if you want to add or not the load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp (if you press ENTER when prompted, the default is NO)

Bruteforce Edat 1.0.3

It's a dev klicensee bruteforcer that can be used to find the klicensee used on edat files. It uses BuC's dev klicensee validator to test the potential keys. The tool works in a similar way as Scetool/Bruteforce tool used to find regular Klicensees.

Changes in v1.7.3d mod by aldostools:
    • Fix: Added option to include or not the load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp in the placeholder (The load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp fixes some games like LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, but also affect the save of other games like Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
    • Added support for context menu: run "Right_click_context_menu - CSO & PBP.bat" as administrator
    • The PKG now uses the original name of the CSO
    • ISO2PBP.bat now uses the old version of fake_np 1.0 if the ISO image is smaller than 133.4MB (this helps to speed up the conversion & makes the PKG smaller)
    • Disabled the question about upload the PKG to FTP (it can be enabled commenting the goto ftp_no in 3. MAKE_PACKAGE.bat)
    • Improved the speed of MakeEDATs.exe (now should work better)
    • More bug fixes

Changes in v1.7.3e mod by aldostools:
    • Fix: Added option to include or not the load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp in the placeholder (The load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp fixes some games like LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, but also affect the save of other games like Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
    • Added support for context menu: run "Right_click_context_menu - CSO & PBP.bat" as administrator
    • The PKG now uses the original name of the CSO
    • ISO2PBP.bat now uses the old version of fake_np 1.0 if the ISO image is smaller than 133.4MB (this helps to speed up the conversion & makes the PKG smaller)
    • Disabled the question about upload the PKG to FTP (it can be enabled commenting the goto ftp_no in 3. MAKE_PACKAGE.bat)
    • Improved the speed of MakeEDATs.exe (now should work better)
    • More bug fixes

Changes in v1.7.4 mod by aldostools:
    • Added resign method suggested by Celebratesparta. Thanks to Romangelo for the more clear tutorial (posted below).
    • CSO2ISO now calls SIGN_EBOOT.bat instead of 1b. ISO2EBOOT.bat
    • SIGN_EBOOT.bat now extract EBOOT.BIN from NP.ISO, decrypt EBOOT.BIN, resigns EBOOT.BIN and add EBOOT.BIN, BOOT.BIN and blank OPNSSMP.BIN back to ISO
    • Added: WQSG_UMD_R31.exe, eboot_decrypt.exe to tools folder
    • Removed save_tmp/open_tmp/load_tmp from root folder of template
    • Extended wait time on MakeEDATs.exe

With the new process I could even resign games patched with Prometheus.

Some games that previously didn't work for me, that now work are:
    • Vanguard 1
    • Hot Shots Shorties Blue Pack / Green Pack

I haven't tested more... but it seems the compatibility is really improved. Brief Guide:

1. Download and extract PSP2PS3_v1.7.4_CEX-DEX
    2. Run Right_click_context_menu - CSO, PBP & PKG.bat (with administrator privileges)
    3. Right click on a CSO and select "Convert CSO to PSP2PS3", answer some y/n questions and wait until the program finish.

If you have an ISO, put it in the PSP2PS3 folder, rename it as NP.ISO, run 1b. ISO2EBOOT.bat, answer some y/n questions and wait until the program finish (if you want to resign the EBOOT.BIN in the ISO, rename the ISO to NP.ISO and run SIGN_EBOOT.bat).

If you have a PKG for PSP downloaded from PSN, right click on the pkg, select "Convert PKG to PSP2PS3", answer some y/n questions and wait until the program finish. If you have the EBOOT.PBP already extracted and signed, put it in the folder, run "2. MAKE_EDATS_CEX.bat", answer some y/n questions and wait until the program finish.

PSP Emulator Tutorial by Romangelo

1. extract EBOOT.BIN from the game ISO
    2. use eboot_decrypt.exe to make BOOT.BIN from EBOOT.BIN
    3. rename BOOT.BIN to EBOOT.BIN
    4. use SIGN_EBOOT.bat to sign EBOOT.BIN
    5. put it back to the game ISO
    6. convert the game to PS Mini

Update: Here's my tutorial for people who still can't do it (using FF3 for the example):

1. extract EBOOT.BIN from FF3 ISO, using WQSG_UMD
    2. put EBOOT.BIN in the same folder as eboot_decrypt.exe (from DNRiper) then run eboot_decrypt.exe, you'll get a BOOT.BIN file.
    3. delete EBOOT.BIN (to avoid confusion)
    4. rename BOOT.BIN to EBOOT.BIN
    5. run SIGN_EBOOT.bat (from PSP2PS3 1.7.3a), you'll get a signed EBOOT.BIN
    6. extract OPNSSMP.BIN from FF3 ISO, open it in hex editor, delete everything and save it as a 0 byte file. (you can keep this file and use it with the other games)
    7. put the signed EBOOT.BIN and the 0 byte OPNSSMP.BIN in WQSG_UMD (with FF3 ISO opened) then close the app.
    8. convert the fixed ISO to PS Minis.

PSPMinis / PS3Minis / Bite v1.3 PS3 Homebrew Application Updated

More PlayStation 3 News...

I've tried Platypus game. Works perfectly but it says something wrong with save data or something.

Thank you very much!

Download: Ps3Minis 1.3 italian (psp2ps3c) [Register or Login to view links]

Download: Ps3Minis 1.3 English (psp2ps3c) [Register or Login to view links]

Hiyas, do I still need a dongle to play these? I got a few installed, some black screen, some work fine. My real issue is nothing will let me save... I looked through this post and a few others, is there a step I'm missing to create a "psp" memory card on the ps3?

the links don't work for me! others with this problem?

I tried psp2ps3 v1.7.3 and some games work but I have no luck with saving or loading my old psp saves... I heard that I have to create 3 folders (open_tmp, load_tmp, save_tmp) in the usrdir directory but I still have the same problem...

Also is there any chance of increasing the compatibility? I mainly intersted in Dissidia 012 but that doesn't work.

Thanks

Is that why I can't save in any of them? I get an error that something is wrong with the memory stick

Try to do that and tell the results. It didn't work for me.

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News