Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: x3JailBreak PS JailBreak Clone Fake, PS3Key Mod Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Yesterday we reported on news of the first x3JailBreak PS JailBreak PS3 USB ModChip clone, and today it is being labeled as a possible fake with a second clone dubbed the PS3Key Mod surfacing.

Similar to the x3JailBreak site, the Dutch Web site [Register or Login to view links] lacks specific details on the alleged clone, so only time will tell if it is legitimate or not.

They do state, however, to quote: "Good news everyone! Our mad scientist has confirmed that getting into the console is as simple as pretending to be a USB hub! It doesn't look like this is going to take any more than a few weeks!"

According to Nyleveia.com (linked above), x3JailBreak is nothing more than the internals of a generic or branded-clone USB flash drive when compared to PS JailBreak which they say likely utilizes an Alcor AU6984 flash storage controller.

To quote: "Both devices follow a similar layout with a bank of SMT's leading to a crystal oscillator then a flash controller and lastly the SMD (Activity light). On the lower device, the flash memory itself is located on the underside of the PCB, as the many vias present in the PCB around the flash controller indicate.

A similar arrangement of vias are present on the purported x3Jailbreak, leading me to believe that there is actually a flash chip present on the rear of "their PCB" too."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    all these clones in such a few days, how could is that possible??? devs haven't been able to understand what's going on yet, but you see all these clones on the net, and also produced in big scale, so, where is the error???

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, everyone's trying to cash in on PSJB now huh?

looks like that the dongle has been sold to a guy that is re-selling that to other people, otherwise, how could we explain such multiple clones in so few days??

Indeed, it doesn't surprise me as I posted HERE it's probably one group selling to the others... I wonder if this PS3Key clone is from the WiiKey folks.

Question

I wonder how much this one will cost if its real?
    Last edited by ctr3000; 08-23-2010 at 09:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dondolo View Post
    looks like that the dongle has been sold to a guy that is re-selling that to other people, otherwise, how could we explain such multiple clones in so few days??
    I'd have to say that either the clones are fake and just a way to make a quick buck, or that they are real and are just using a modified off-the-shelf method to mass produce them so quickly. Creating new hardware takes time, a lot more time than these clones are allowing for. Taking an existing piece of hardware and repurposing it would be cheaper and faster. And if they can do it, then I say, why can't we?

Give the excellent RE teams out there like DemonHades and others time to work on dumping the sticks and seeing what we can do with them, and I can almost guarantee we'll see a post in a week or two on how to convert a standard Kingston or Sandisk USB drive into a JIG.

X3 Jailbreak claims that is not fake. They upload a small message...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

int1.jpg  

Some will be fake and some will be real.

The more the better they will drive the prices down and make all better by competition.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News