Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dante489 View Post
    we don't need Linux anymore, we can run our own unsigned codes on the gameOS with this device!

so why are we even bothering with enabling 3d acceleration in Linux?
    so we can be cool cats.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dante489 View Post
    we don't need Linux anymore, we can run our own unsigned codes on the gameOS with this device!

so why are we even bothering with enabling 3d acceleration in Linux?
    Not everybody will be using the device. Some will still operate on a previous firmware with OtherOS enabled - for them this could be very valuable.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    Not everybody will be using the device. Some will still operate on a previous firmware with OtherOS enabled - for them this could be very valuable.
    can we access the rsx chip with this device? i mean how low-level this dongle could do especially with Linux?

and what i meant was that having the ability to run unsigned codes on gameOS is more than enough to have some good emulators and media players right?

so why do we bother running emulators/HD media players on a heavy OS like Linux considering the low size of the ps3 ram? because the otherOS can only see 256mb of the total ram , it was limited by sony, correct me if i'm wrong.

so i guess the gameOS is the way to go for homebrew.. why would anyone need Linux?

sorry for my bad English thought!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do you mean having a 3D accelerated driver could be useful?
    If so then i agree.

But if you mean using the usb in conjunction with OtherOS:
    since a prerequisite of using the usb device is that the FW is 3.41, then anyone still using 3.15 will effectively have no use for the device at all.

It's an "either/or" situation - you either have linux or you have this usb dongle.

Something i'm sure is plausable with using the usb is to enable the flag which states Linux can be used on FW > 3.15, in which case users would not have to make that kind of choice.

can we enable 3d acceleration without such a device?.. i guess if there is a 3d acceleration support in the future , it might be through this device or a similar one.

that's why i assumed that everyone who is interested in hacking his ps3 will have one!

I can in fact verify that the PS Jailbreak is a STD USB with a 256 MB and a reversed PS Program I have got my hands on the files needed to install onto USB need to figure out the format cause I tried FAT 32 and it did not work I will keep everyone posted as to my success.

Quote Originally Posted by akrondav View Post
    I can in fact verify that the PS Jailbreak is a STD USB with a 256 MB and a reversed PS Program I have got my hands on the files needed to install onto USB need to figure out the format cause I tried FAT 32 and it did not work I will keep everyone posted as to my success.
    can you share with us the files?

share/post proof or didn't happen..

Smile

yeh you need to upload those files. the faster you share them the faster we can get it to work on an ordinary pendrive.

Quote Originally Posted by akrondav View Post
    I'm calling bollox...

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News