Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by blueclouduk View Post
    So Sony can disable my console without my permission?

Are they are aware that in many countries that, regardless of any licence agreement, the deliberate act of disabling computer hardware through the use of software is legally deemed as hacking and therefore unlawful.
    EXACTLY. As soon as I handed over the money it became MY console and $ony cannot do anything to it without my knowledge.
    If they cripple it then they will be paying for a new console to me. Or expect a huge lawsuit from a lot of pissed off people.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by kunit1 View Post
    MS started disabling offline console functionality plus xbox live access. Why do you think the hackers started developing anti-cripple methods and tools for the xbox 360.
    I didn't know that. MS actually got away with this? Wow, it's already too late.
    Good luck with the "back up" defense in court, that doesn't hold up anymore. The only way you can say that is if you backed up the game from a disk you own, and you didn't need to circumvent any copyright protection.
    That's if they somehow manage to drag someone into a case that deep, which won't happen. I do own the discs and if someone doesn't they can just say their original got destroyed/lost. That's the main purpose of a backup... to be a backup.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    That's if they somehow manage to drag someone into a case that deep, which won't happen. I do own the discs and if someone doesn't they can just say their original got destroyed/lost. That's the main purpose of a backup... to be a backup.
    True. I am just going to disconnect my PS3 for now and wait till everything settles down and it becomes clear what Sony is planning to do. I just feel bad for being lazy and not disconnecting my PS3 from the internet when I installed the jailbreak

Sure hope Sony didn't start flagging PS3s yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You guys should all move to europe (the Netherlands). Sony can't brick your PS3 or sue you for having homebrew or CFW on your PS3 even playing your own back-ups isn't illegal (the law here isn't really clear about that, but here we are aloud to make ourselfs a copy for private use). They might revoke your PSN, not sure about that though, because you need PSN to 100% (i.e. all functions) use your PS3.

SCEA are saying that by using CFW you are violating the PSN terms, but here in the Netherlands you have to be able to read the terms/license agreement before your purchase to be valid. That is not possible, because the agreement is on your PS3 and not outside the box.

Anyways: SCEA will NEVER brick your console, that would do them to much harm and might be illegal. They might probably kick you from PSN.

I understand if they kick people with pirated games, but please let us use homebrew!!

What do you guys think?

True. I am just going to disconnect my PS3 for now and wait till everything settles down and it becomes clear what Sony is planning to do. I just feel bad for being lazy and not disconnecting my PS3 from the internet when I installed the jailbreak

Sure hope Sony didn't start flagging PS3s yet.
    as someone said earlier, just restore your firmware to a full ofw from sony and delete all the "homebrew" stuff off of the ps3. without the evidence still on the unit, there is no way for sony to prove that their logs have not been modified.

Quote Originally Posted by ElielV View Post
    Anyways: SCEA will NEVER brick your console, that would do them to much harm and might be illegal. They might probably kick you from PSN.
    Yes, Sony will never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    as someone said earlier, just restore your firmware to a full ofw from sony and delete all the "homebrew" stuff off of the ps3. without the evidence still on the unit, there is no way for sony to prove that their logs have not been modified.
    Do you happen to know that name of the .dat file that stores your "previously played games" ?

i do not. my ps3 has remained on ofw 3.55 through all of this jailbreak/homebrew stuff. so i do not have any first hand experience with reading and writing to the dev_flash which where i think the list/file would be stored.

I seriously need to find a way to remove the jailbreak, err, homebrew. At least until the dust settles.

Does the PS3 have the equivalent of a host file? Otherwise, I'll probably just blacklist playstation.net from my Router settings, suddenly they can't even tell I'm there

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News