Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    These said errors are only when you personally click "report this to sony", which we btw have control of it's directions. Our Hardware Now! We control whether or not we allow them "thru" those said doors anymore! EIPoDT!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    Be smart people. It is, scientifically speaking, impossible for them to do anything without an internet connection. Unplug the cable or disable the wireless and suddenly Sony can't even tell your PS3 exists anymore.
    true, but I was hoping to have the option to revert back my ps3 to virgin and then going on PSN whenever I wanted. I never went on PSN since the jailbreak, but I did have my PS3 connected to the internet so according to this rumor you don't need to go on PSN to be flagged.

oh well, those are the risks of modding.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i do not see "fully disabling consoles" working for sony in the end. imagine if car companies could completely disable your car because you were speeding and it was recorded by onstar. speeding is illegal, but are car companies legally able to render your car completely useless because you did something illegal?

i foresee many ps3s being disabled by sony, and a multitude of lawsuits against sony will follow. big companies with lobbyists do everything they can to impose their standards and regulations on the public. unless the public fights back, the big companies will continue to take more and more "rights" from the public/consumers.

Flawed analogy, car companies are not losing anything when you overspeed. Hence, they don't care if it's illegal or not. On the otherhand, sony losses money when people pirate so they try to scare potential pirates away and try to get the people with disabled ps3s to buy new ones.

Nobody is going to fight back, look at the xbox 360 scene MS has been banning/crippling consoles for over 3 years now and no body fought back. If you fight back you will be counter sued for piracy especially if you use the PS3 and evidance.

Precisely. The line needs to be drawn, when I pay for and own an item, it is mine and no company should be able to weasel their way into have the power to essentially rob me of the possession.

But as you said they're aiming to eventually get the power to do that unless there is some serious outrage against it, they will do it and sooner or later it will just be accepted. We can't let it reach that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunit1 View Post
    Flawed analogy, car companies are not losing anything when you overspeed. Hence, they don't care if it's illegal or not. On the otherhand, sony losses money when people pirate so they try to scare potential pirates away and try to get the people with disabled ps3s to buy new ones.

Nobody is going to fight back, look at the xbox 360 scene MS has been banning/crippling consoles for over 3 years now and no body fought back. If you fight back you will be counter sued for piracy especially if you use the PS3 and evidance.
    On to the point. Your comparison is the flawed one, 360s were banned from Xbox Live, not entirely disabled.

Furthermore they'd have to prove it was piracy, I back up my games and doing so is perfectly legal. It's much faster having my games load through my hard drive than a BD, not to mention far more convenient.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 01-12-2011 at 01:14 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It doesn't say anything about disabling hardware or bricking consoles it only mentions disabling PSN access which we all saw coming.

Even thinking they can remotely disable the hardware is stupid.

So even after I pointed out to you that it does say that, instead of reading it you just come back and say "no it doesn't say that"? What the hell is wrong with you?

They won't remotely disabled the hardware because they value their lives, but if they're capable of doing so they will say so to scare people.

the first post says that sony can disable the functionality of the ps3 online and offline. it is possible to remotely disable hardware, especially if you built/developed the hardware. sony could release a "virus" that will essentially do a "rm -rf" for all ps3s reported to have been used for piracy.

Calm down it was a typo. MS started disabling offline console functionality plus xbox live access. Why do you think the hackers started developing anti-cripple methods and tools for the xbox 360.

Good luck with the "back up" defense in court, that doesn't hold up anymore. The only way you can say that is if you backed up the game from a disk you own, and you didn't need to circumvent any copyright protection.

Sounds like a lot of FUD. Disable your internet connection on the PS3 to be safe if you want, but this sounds like a load of crap to me.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News