Below is a 3K3y PS3Dec (alternative encryptor/decryptor) from bubba (aka red_meryl) who states the following:
Download: PS3Dec-r3(src,win32,lin64).7z (72.32 KB) / PS3Dec-r4(src,win32,lin64).7z (76.10 KB)
Here's an alternative encryptor / decryptor (can be used in place of 3k3y ripper's ISO Crypto function). Features:
Source, windows 32 bit and linux 64 bit binaries are included. Can whoever's interested please compile it for other environments (mac, linux 32 bit, others), and put a link to the binary in this thread? Also no plans for a gui, but a simple one shouldn't be hard to make if anyone's interested in doing so.
- Multi-threaded decryption/encryption
- Compiles on linux and windows (should compile on anything with openmp and polarssl)
- No dependency on .NET
PS3Dec d 3k3y encrypted_3k3y.iso decrypted_3k3y.iso
PS3Dec e 3k3y decrypted_3k3y.iso encrypted_3k3y.iso
The multi-threading is not optimal (the encryption/decryption is multi-threaded, but not the io), but for an initial release it's fine. Not heavily tested. Please compare output to 3k3y ripper, and check that a decrypt-encrypt cycle produces the same iso you started with.
Increasing efficiency and adding features are planned later. The next version will at least have optional sha-1 hashing of input and output. Any feedback, bugs and feature requests please mention them in this thread.
Update: New version (r4), speed improvements (on relatively new hardware with HDDs this is io bound, and about as quick as it's going to get).
Haven't implemented sha1-1 hashing as it complicates the multi-threading. As a compromise, you can pipe to stdout to do any post-processing you want. As a bonus, if someone makes a (piped) commandline ripper decrypted isos can be created directly.
- Fully multi-threaded (io happens simultaneously to processing)
- Read from stdin and write to stdout (write '-' in place of a path)
Below are some 3K3y videos as follows for those interested and an official 3K3y Firmware v1.04 revision:
3K3y Firmware v1.04
Download: 3K3y Firmware v1.04
This firmware update fixes freezing issues on certain older PS3s, adds support for BLD/BLF ISO files, and offers enhanced stealth features.
2013-03-05: 3k3y Firmware v1.04 released!
This firmware update fixes freezing issues on certain older PS3s, adds support for BLD/BLF ISO files, and offers enhanced stealth features. Get it now!
2013-03-14: Ripper App now rebuilds 'jailbreak rips'!
The Ripper app can now rebuild a complete ISO from so-called 'scene' or 'jailbreak' rips (decrypted game data without ISO header and other metadata). We are now very proud to announce that you can recreate the ISO file using our Ripper app. To do so you need to download the corresponding Iso Rebuild Data, or IRD, file. These files can be downloaded and redistributed freely as they only contain metadata an other non-copyrighted data.
Finally, from bubba: 3K3y Public beta Ripp3r 1.18
Download: 3K3y Public beta Ripp3r 1.18 Setup.rar
We're proud to announce the public beta of the Ripp3r application 1.18. We ask you all to test this application for every possible aspect. Also test the IRD site: 3k3y.com/ird_files. Features of the new Ripp3r application include:
Things that are NOT in this version:
- Rip PS3 game to ISO
- Encrypt/decrypt ISO (decrypted ISO's can be zipped, but are NOT playable)
- Decrypt ISO directly to zip or multipart zip (define size in the settings (Tools->Settings))
- Encrypt ISO directly from zip
- Create IRD (ISO Rebuild Data) file from ISO (this requires an 3k3y ISO)
- Anonymizes specific information in the IRD (like the D2)
- Completely anonymous upload of IRD files. Uploading uses a public/private key pair, which encrypts the payload before sending it to the server. We NEVER save who (not even IP) submitted which IRD file.
- Identify JB Rip: gives you information about the JB rip, and tries to find the correct IRD file
- Create ISO from JB rip: rebuilds an exact copy of the original ISO. This requires that a correct IRD file has been submitted to the database
- Submit IRD file to the database: after you've ripped a game to your computer, also create an IRD file for it and upload it to the database. This will help us with more content, and helps others to rebuild the ISO
- Automatic determines the correct version of PS3UPDAT.PUP file for the JB rip and downloads it
- Automatic joins splitted JB rip files
- Both GUI and (limited) console version available
Of course, you can assume that I've forgotten a few things. You can find those things out yourself. As always, post your findings here. Both good and bad. If you find issues, post them here. If you see weird Chinese characters, definitely copy them as text and post them here, or as a pastie. If you need a logfile, the last 5 sessions are saved to a logfile in your temp directory (type %TEMP% in the addressbar in Explorer).
- Mono compatibility, due to the compression and packing algoritm we use, this software does not work under Mono (yet). We may look into this.
- Automatic IRD download
- Rebuild PsArc
Have fun, and please, please, upload those IRD files. We need a lot! Get the goodies here, and have fun!
Public beta Ripp3r 1.19 / 3k3y Ripper App v1.19 by r-win
Download: ripp3r_v1_19_beta.zip / ripp3r_v1_19.zip
New and fixed in this release:
We're proud to announce the public beta of the Ripp3r application 1.19. We ask you all to test this application for every possible aspect. Also test the IRD site (above) This version has some new features, which include:
- Cancel while ripping fixed
- Windows XP support (yes, for real, .NET 4.5 has been dropped, now .NET 4.0 is required)
- Save the last choosen paths on all dialogs
- Ird creation from disc
- Ird creation while ripping
Also, a few bugs are fixed, including:
- Ird creation from disc
- When ripping an iso, the IRD will automatically be created (enable/disable in settings)
- Windows XP support (.NET 4.0 required)
- Save last used paths in all dialogs
Of course, you can assume that I've forgotten a few things. You can find those things out yourself. As always, post your findings here. Both good and bad. If you find issues, post them here. If you see weird Chinese characters, definitely copy them as text and post them here, or as a pastie.
- Fixed bug when pressing cancel while ripping
- Prevents crash on Windows XP
If you need a logfile, the last 5 sessions are saved to a logfile in your temp directory (type %TEMP% in the addressbar in Explorer). This application REQUIRES the .NET 4.0 runtime.